132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
This job has Expired
Adjunct Faculty - Sociology
- Engages students in the teaching/learning process; works assigned schedule, participates in college committee work, represents the college in the community. This position is for in-person daytime courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and teach courses that fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
- Remain current with subject matter and instructional methodology.
- Maintain posted office hours in accordance with departmental and college policies.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Communicate progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
- Determine and submit students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
- Support the mission of the program, division, and college.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations.
- Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to advise students.
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules.
Education and/or Work Experience:
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Sociology is required with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in sociology.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience is required, preferably at a college level.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*