132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Physics/Astronomy Instructor- Enid- Full Time
SUMMARY:Â Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Division Chair, the Physics/Astronomy Instructor is responsible for all aspects of classroom instruction and advisement.Â The Physics/Astronomy Instructor performs his/her duties in a timely manner with a spirit of cooperation with the Division Chair and fellow divisional faculty and in agreement with institutional policies and procedures.
Â ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter and clearly communicate the essential concepts in physics/astronomy related courses.
- Provide an innovative, dynamic learning environment with varied teaching methods to facilitate student learning.
- Utilize appropriate assessment measures to gauge student comprehension of material and communicate progress regularly to students through assignment feedback and online grade posting.
- Participate in scholarly activities and professional development to enhance classroom instruction, completing required training every year to update lecture focus areas.
- Counsel and provide academic graduation advisement to physical science, computer science, and engineering students.
- Support recruitment and retention efforts.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- Assist Division Chair in the development and review of curriculum, programs and degrees related to student learning, including program review, and develop new and revised programs to reflect changing needs and priorities within the Engineering, Physical Science and Process Technology Division.
- Provide required student learning outcome assessment data to Division Chair in a timely manner.
- Perform duties in a manner that supports teamwork and professionalism among colleagues.
- Subject to satisfactory Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure that includes a criminal background check.Â
QUALIFICATIONS:Â To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Â A minimum educational level of a masterâ€™s degree is required with at least 18 hours in the discipline and above the level of courses being taught; teaching experience is preferred.Â Excellent communication skills are required.Â Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.Â Night classes may be required as a part of the regular teaching load if necessary as determined by the Division Chair.Â
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Â While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.:
Â Candidates must be available beginning January 11, 2023, pending budget approval. Please direct inquiries to Dr. Frankie Wood-Black, Division Chair (580-628-6440 orÂ firstname.lastname@example.org).Â Applicants will need to submit an NOC application form available online atÂ www.noc.edu/faculty, letter of application, resume, three letters of professional recommendation, and current official transcripts to Human Resources, Northern Oklahoma College, PO Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653.or complete application packets can be emailed toÂ email@example.com. EOEÂ
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*