132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
This job has Expired
Child Development Center Teacher
This individual will function as an additional facilitator of childrenâ€™s activity in the classroom. Â He/she will work with the lead teacher to plan and implement the daily program of activities for a group of children in an early care and education lab school.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Position receives direct supervision from the Lead Teacher; however Administrator is responsible for facilitating professional growth and evaluations, and supervision from a center operations perspective. Â Childcare Technician/Assistant Director also supervises daily performance.
Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementation of the weekly plan of developmentally appropriate activities. Â This includes but is not limited to observing and documenting individual childrenâ€™s growth and development; providing insight into potential topics and projects to plan for based on childrenâ€™s interests; and planning and preparation for implementation of daily, weekly, and ongoing classroom and center activities.
- Work with the Lead Teacher in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children, including required custodial maintenance.
- Maintaining good communication with parents.
- Obtain in-service and yearly training requirements (this could require some evening or weekend hours).
- Assist in keeping the room well organized and arranged appropriately.
- Cooperate and communicate with all staff at the center to create a professional environment.
- Assist in maintaining records. Â Specifically monitoring sign in/out sheets, daily communication with parents, childrenâ€™s individual portfolios, and any assistance required for keeping the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) classroom portfolios updated and presentable.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Participate as appropriate in parent conferences. Â This will vary according to teaching teams, and may include preparation of documentation or conducting a conference with a parent. Â Administration may be consulted if agreement on responsibilities cannot be met by the teaching team.
- Early Childhood growth and development.
- N.C. Childcare Child Care Requirements
- Current health and fire requirements
- Safety training, maintain current certification in first aid and CPR.
- Nutrition requirements.
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice.
- Appropriate parent and staff communication
- Establish and maintain effective communication with parents
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Build good communications with other staff to create a professional atmosphere.
- Apply knowledge in providing developmentally appropriate activities, and seek current information and ideas to ensure childrenâ€™s ongoing engagement and progress
- Work with children warmly, calmly, and in an unhurried manner.
- Meet social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and creative developmental needs of individual children with a focus on language and literacy as the foundation of successful child development;
- Maintain a safe, clean, and pleasant environment.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, co-workers, parents, and community Â
- Become familiar with and demonstrate understanding of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethical Conduct consistentlyÂ
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Interpret and apply CFCC goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Reading and writing
- Communicating with others
- Operating assigned equipment/technology
- Handling varied tasks simultaneously
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Operating assigned equipment
- Handling varied tasks simultaneouslyÂ
- Bending, stooping, climbing, or lifting up to 50 pounds
- Maintain mental capacity, which allow the capability of:
- Making sound decisions
- Responding to questions
- Demonstrating intellectual capabilities
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Â A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 6 or more semester hours of coursework in Early Childhood or Child Development.
- Completed ITS/SIDS Certification or willing to complete within 6 months of hire
- North Carolina Early Childhood Credential or Equivalent (see below)
- Completed, active nationally accredited credential certificate in child development, early childhood education or child care to include CDA, CCP and AMS or AMI Montessori;
- Completed post-secondary two-year degree or higher in Early Childhood, Child Development, Human Growth & Development or Early Childhood Special Education from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Completed post-secondary two-year degree of higher in any subject area with at least 6 semester credit hours in Early Childhood Education and/or Child Growth & Development from an accredited institution of higher education; or
- Completed 12 semester credit hours (with or without a degree) in Early Childhood, Child Development, Human Growth & Development and/or Early Childhood Special Education programs with at least 3 semester credit hours in Child Growth & Development from an accredited institution of higher education.
Preferred Education/Training, Experience, Skills:Â Â Â Â Â
- Minimum Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Verifiable experience in the childcare field is strongly preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Successful candidate must be 18 years of age.
- Prior to time of employment, all personnel, including the director, shall furnish a statement, signed by a licensed physician or an authorized health professional under his/her supervision, that indicates that the person is emotionally and physically fit to care for children. Â A health professional means a nurse practitioner or physicianâ€™s assistant currently approved to perform medical acts by the N.C. Board of Medical Examiners.
- Proof of being free of tuberculosis.
- Fingerprint and criminal background check clearance. Â No person shall be an operator of, nor be employed in, a childcare facility who has been convicted of a crime involving child neglect, child abuse, or moral turpitude, or who is a habitually excessive user of alcohol or who illegally uses narcotics or other impairing drugs, or who is mentally or emotionally impaired to an extent that may be injurious to children.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform effectively the duties required for the job, including ability to read and write English, verbal ability to communicate, auditory capacities to respond to children and adults, visual ability to complete written assignments, physical ability to complete assignments given accommodation as required by law.
- Reference checks required.
- Must not have been involved in any incident, which resulted in a substantiated case of abuse or neglect.
- This position REQUIRES UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS be submitted in addition to the application. Please have these documents ready to upload when applying.
- Candidates are required to submit OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS for all degrees obtained prior to their first day of work or hire date. If the highest level of education is a High School diploma or equivalent, proof of completion is required.
- Candidates who have obtained their education outside of the US and its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated, at their own expense, by an outside credential evaluation service as equivalent to the Baccalaureate or Master's degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. Â
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*