This job has Expired
Admissions and Records Support Staff, Temp Level 1
Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) is hiring multiple Admissions and Records Support Staff – Temp Level 1 to work under the learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) where learning happens anytime, anyway, any place. This position will provide customer service assistance in a professional environment to current and prospective students.
40% - Provides front-line/phone customer services to students in person and/or on phone with admissions, registration, and general advisement questions
30% - Responds to a high volume of incoming/outgoing telephone calls using a multi-line phone system
25% - Follows detailed processes, procedures, and policies
5% - Performs other assigned duties that are commensurate to the grade level of the position
1. Experience providing front-line customer service in an office setting, in person and/or by phone
2. Experience using Microsoft Office or similar software for the purpose of creating documents
3. Experience using the Internet search engines for conducting basic online searches
4. Experience interpreting and communicating policies and procedures
5. High school diploma or GED
1. Experience working in an regulatory environment
2. Experience working in a higher education setting
3. Experience working with online student systems
4. Experience working in one or more areas of student services
5. Demonstrated ability to multi-task
6. Experience providing administrative support to a diverse population
Looking for afternoon/evening coverage, some weekends may be required. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have excellent customer service and communication skills, and enjoys interacting with students, faculty, staff, and the community. Candidate should also possess ability to follow written and verbal directions and maintain a professional attitude.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer monitor.
- May be required to work multiple sites or locations.
- Requires ability to commute off campus; users of off campus vehicles must meet district minimum standards regarding driving.
Position will be for 20-25 hrs per week. This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*