132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 32 New Jobs Today.
Part-time Intern (Engineering/Manufacturing)
This role is a part-time role geared to students pursuing an engineering, manufacturing, or similar degreed program that are still seeking general exposure to a manufacturing company. Student will be exposed to various work within the engineering, manufacturing, production, shipping, and quality departments. Job duties will vary by department.
Example of job duties, but not limited to:
- Conduct time studies of various machining operations and compare against job standard.
- Inspect components against a blueprint and record results using hand tools such as verniers, micrometers, or visual inspection.
- Cycle count inventory.
- Bag and label inventory.
- Organize jobs in queue by due date, and stage work for operators
- Organize tooling and work holding â€“ create labels.
- Create tool boards or visual management boards.
- Write a work instruction based on observing a process and/or interviewing an employee about the job steps.
- Create visual aids for inspection.
- Enrolled in a 2- or 4-years degreed program in engineering or manufacturing.
- Available to work a repeatable/predictable schedule within business hours between 5am and 5pm.
- Minimum 8 hours per week, up to 20 hours per week
- Work will be performed on-site
- Willingness to flex into various departments performing short-term assignments.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*