This job has Expired
Assistant Dean, Executive MBA
The Kellogg School of Management seeks a strategic, creative, collaborative and inspirational leader to serve as its Assistant Dean of the Kellogg Global EMBA Network. The Assistant Dean will provide strategic vision, leadership, and operational oversight for the Kellogg Global EMBA Network, composed of two US based programs in Evanston, IL and Miami, FL and our current international partners, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University; Schulich School of Business, York University; HKUST Business School; Recanati School of Business, Tel Aviv University; WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management. The core performance goal of this job is to assure that the Kellogg Global EMBA Network attracts and recruits high quality students, provides an outstanding educational experience and is routinely ranked among the premier global EMBA programs. This role is a member of the Kellogg leadership team.
- Note: Not all aspects of the job are covered by this job description.
- Partner with Kellogg’s Senior Leadership team to design and deliver a best-in-class educational experience for nearly 800 of the world’s most talented senior executives pursuing degree-based learning through the Kellogg Global EMBA Network, and in the process, create a competitively distinct value proposition for the Network.
- Manage and oversee the operations of Kellogg’s two EMBA home campuses located in Evanston and Miami, directly supervising the work of four directors and their teams, including a total of 20 people and indirectly with other teams; liaison with the faculty to assure that the EMBA team delivers a world-class educational experience; and serve as the primary face of Kellogg for the over 520 EMBA students studying at the two home campuses.
- Develop and execute innovative approaches to program design and delivery in collaboration with academic and operational partners, ensuring Kellogg’s leading position in the delivery of EMBA programs.
- Set appropriate cost targets for the EMBA Network and assure smooth systems and operational integration with all Kellogg’s degree programs; build effective relationships with the functional support leaders for the MBA programs (e.g., admissions, records and registration, career management, etc.).
- Partner with Kellogg’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to build the reputation and brand of the world’s oldest and highest-ranked EMBA network; partner with Kellogg’s Assistant Dean of Admissions to attract the best students from around the world for admission; collaborate with Kellogg’s alumni team to assure that its graduates transition to loyal and engaged alumni.
- Manage and deepen relationships with the senior leaders of Kellogg’s international academic partners that host the five network-affiliated joint EMBA degree programs, including traveling globally when necessary.
- A genuine passion for contributing to the transformation of a premier global business school that is operating in a rapidly changing environment.
- At least 10 years of relevant leadership and management experience, including experience in a global, education-related, high-touch setting (preferably within business education).
- Relevant international / cross-cultural experience preferred, especially experience living or working abroad.
- Strong team-based orientation; a personality that thrives in matrixed environments and enjoys partnering with fellow senior team members and faculty to achieve results.
- An approach to staff management that brings out the best in team members yielding operational excellence, pride, ownership, and a deep commitment to the EMBA students and to Kellogg.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to connect with a variety of audiences; clarity, crispness and effectiveness in written and oral presentation. The experience, ability and inclination to be an effective, outgoing spokesperson for Kellogg and Northwestern.
- Exemplary interpersonal and listening skills as well as a high degree of comfort working with senior executives on a global basis; cultural sensitivity.
- A keen eye for operational efficiency and optimal use of resources; the ability to plan, monitor, and tightly manage a budget.
- The ability to travel with some frequency, both domestically and internationally.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant graduate degree, such as an MBA, MSEd, Ed.D. or Ph.D., is preferred.
- Understanding the Business School Landscape: Knows the business school, including executive learning landscape, and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; has a deep appreciation of the value proposition in management education and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Driving Innovation and Adept at Change Management: Able to bring new ideas that can harness the success of Kellogg into new initiatives that further distinguish the EMBA program; a strong understanding of the change management process that is necessary to capture opportunities.
- Making Complex Decisions: Can solve complex problems, from organizational to marketing-oriented; identifies opportunities in a fluid, competitive business school landscape and determines internal resources needed to capitalize upon those opportunities; is well organized and resourceful with strong planning skills; effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources in a multifaceted program.
- Getting Work Done Through Others: Manages a talented and dedicated team well; is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops the team across a multifaceted program; is an effective process, work flow, and systems designer; is good at determining metrics to measure success of the EMBA programs.
- Focusing on Action and Outcomes: Keeps a focus on the bottom line: the quality of the student experience and operational success of the program; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts.
- Organizationally Savvy: Maneuvers well to get things done to lead a critical program within a larger school and university; quickly learns where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
- Strong Ambassadorial Ability: Leads and presents effectively; is seen as the leader of the EMBA programs with students, prospective students and other key stakeholders; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
Northwestern strongly recommends COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters for people who can obtain them as a critical tool for minimizing severe illness. More information can be found on the COVID-19 and Campus Updates webpage.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*