132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 22 New Jobs Today.
Senior University Lecturer
The Martin Tuchman School of Management at New Jersey Institute of Technology invites applications for a senior university position in Business Analytics/Decision Sciences starting Fall 2023 Academic Year. Candidates must have earned their doctoral degree from an accredited school with strong research and teaching interested in business analytics, management science, decision and information sciences, or supply chain analytics, with demonstrated evidence of applied analytical research in business and interdisciplinary areas.
Successful candidates must demonstrate a record of scholarly accomplishment and a commitment to contributing original research into leading peer-reviewed publications. In addition, the applicant should be interested in teaching the full array of analytics-related domains. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. The individual must have completed the Ph.D. at time of appointment in September 2023 (ABD candidates will be considered).
The main duties of the position include teaching, research and service/outreach. The candidate must demonstrate a record of scholarly accomplishment and a commitment to contributing original research into leading peer-reviewed publications. The faculty is also expected to actively engage in various Program, School, and Institute committees and participate in community service. Excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills are also required.
Areas of Expertise:
- Desirable areas of expertise and specific research and teaching interests may include:
- Business Analytics
- Decision and Information Systems
- Management Science
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Candidates must have earned their doctoral degree from an accredited school with strong research and teaching interested in business analytics, management science, decision and information sciences, or supply chain analytics, with demonstrated evidence of applied analytical research in business and interdisciplinary areas.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- Experience in teaching courses in management science, decision and information sciences, or business analytics.
- Professional experience in applied and theoretical management science.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must Include curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research interests, and list of three references. Applications must be received by January 15, 2023. Please direct any questions to Dr. Melodi Guilbault at email@example.com.
About the School:
The Martin Tuchman School of Management is accredited by the AACSB and offers an undergraduate program in business with concentrations in various business and management disciplines, the first BS in fintech program in NJ, and a full range of graduate programs, including MBA, MSM, and PhD in Business Data Science. The school has two active research centers focusing on sustainability and real estate technology and design. The School was ranked Top 50 in the nation for its entrepreneurship program by Princeton Review for three consecutive years.
About the University:
NJIT is a comprehensive public research intensive, R1 Carnegie Classification university and the State of New Jerseyâ€™s Science and Technology University located in Newark, New Jersey and in close proximity to New York City. Today NJIT has a research budget of over $150 million, enrolls about 12,000 students, and grants approximately 2,200 degrees annually from baccalaureate to Ph.D. Five of its colleges and schools hire full-time faculty and grant degrees: Ying Wu College of Computing, College of Science and Liberal Arts, Newark College of Engineering, Hillier School of Architecture and Design, and Martin Tuchman School of Management. The sixth college, the Albert Dorman Honors College, utilizes faculty from the degree granting schools and colleges to teach and mentor honors students, as well as participate in setting the direction for academic initiatives. NJIT offers a total of 129 degree programs: 50 undergraduate, 59 masters, and 20 doctoral programs. The university employs approximately 436 full-time faculty, including tenure/tenure-track, university lecturers, and research professors.
The following highlights some of the major rankings and honors awarded to NJIT over the past year.
- Top one percent for ROI among U.S. public universities
- One of the top ten U.S. public universities in faculty scholarly productivity
- Named a top national university by U.S. News & World Report
- A Princeton Review Best College and Best Business School: Martin Tuchman School of Management
- Ranked 1st among N.J. public universities for graduatesâ€™ earnings by U.S. Department of Education
- Ranked 1st nationally for student upward economic mobility by the New York Times
- Forbes Top 100 Colleges list and is the highest ranked New Jersey public college or university
- As an EEO employer NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
- Diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity and inclusion, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and
recognize the cultural and personal differences. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among
our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJITâ€™s continuing status as a premier institution
of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
- Employment at NJIT is subject to the provisions of New Jersey First Act which mandates new employees, who are not NJ residents, to establish primary residence in New Jersey within one year of their appointment to certain positions. The law does not apply to any individual employed at NJIT on a temporary or per semester basis as a visiting or adjunct professor, teacher, lecturer, researcher or administrator. For more information on the act
- If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please visit the Department of Human Resources located in Fenster Hall, Room 500, University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102 or call (973) 596-3140. If you have questions, please email the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information regarding NJIT campus security, personal safety, and fire safety including topics such as, disciplinary procedures, crime prevention, NJIT Police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, and crime statistics for the most recent three year period is available on the NJIT Department of Public Safety website. If you would like to obtain a copy of NJIT's Annual Security Report containing this information, you may contact the NJIT Department of Public Safety, 154 Summit Street, Newark NJ or by phone at 973-596-3120.
NJIT is an E-Verify employer and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization of each new hire.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*