This job has Expired
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Full Job Description
Chief Executive Officer
Habitat for Humanity of Smith County, TX seeks an experienced mission-minded leader to become its next Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Working together with the Board of Directors, the CEOwill have overall accountability for the success of the organization with responsibilities for, but not limited to, construction, retail operations, finance, human resources, fund development, and advocacy. The CEO will collaborate with the Board and senior leadership team to review the organizational vision and develop new strategic and operating plans to lead all staff to higher levels of performance. The CEO will further develop and guide the senior leadership team to provide inclusive and effective leadership to a workforce comprised of highly diverse skill sets, functional responsibilities, professional interests, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Smith County Habitat’s Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Smith County Habitat’s Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Initial areas of focus will be:
* Being seen as an employer of choice, recognized for how SCHabitat cares for its employees and for its commitment to a culture valuing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
* Increased partnerships with other organizations serving the same populations including other nonprofits, faith-based organizations, and various government agencies; increase collaboration with these entities and for-profit builders to ensure that services are offered by the most effective and efficient provider.
* Investment in staff development, recognizing the benefits of promoting from within, whenever possible, as a way of demonstrating upward mobility and viable career paths within SCHabitat.
* Ensuring a robust revenue stream.
Institutional Culture and Strength:
* Leads a collective team of Board and staff to develop and implement a strategic plan to guide growth, expansion, and community impact.
* Develops and monitors established goals and strategies to advance the mission.
* Provides self-improvement opportunities throughout the organization that lead to advancement decisions seen as fair and transparent.
* Ensures that the organizational culture rewards initiative, creativity, and a willingness to lead and take responsibility for actions.
* Oversees and promotes growth in senior leadership positions, establishes individual goals, and reviews performance on a regular basis.
* Is the final authority on all hiring, promotion, discipline and termination decisions for the staff.
Financial and Operational Leadership:
* Oversees strategy development with the senior leadership team to meet annual budget goals and monitors performance to ensure long-term financial viability of the organization.
* Makes sound financial decisions and program recommendations based on a thorough understanding of the organization’s overall financial position.
* Ensures the best use of operating capital to achieve the overall mission.
* Builds an operating structure with sound succession planning throughout all levels of the organization.
* Ensures that the organization is prepared to demonstrate operational and financial flexibility to fulfill its mission, especially in times of uncertainty.
Public Relations and Community Impact:
* Develops and maintains relationships with diverse internal and external publics to advocate for housing as a right.
* Serves as the principal spokesperson in the community.
* Focuses on the overall impact of the organization in the community, with particular emphasis on increasing SCHabitat’s capacity to serves its intended population.
* Looks broadly at community needs to review and ensure alignment of programs to the need and mission and continued relevance to the vision.
*Works to increase and improve services to community members in need through collaboration, innovation and raising public awareness.
Board of Directors:
* Serves as the principal resource to the Board of Directors and its key committees and with the senior leadership team gives informed direction in policy formulation and interpretation, preferred strategies, and resolutions.
* Provides regular and concise reports to the Board to ensure a transparent flow of operating and financial information.
* Promotes a collaborative relationship with the Board of Directors along with a willingness and ability to serve as an initiating force when needed to accomplish organizational goals.
* Maintains an effective working relationship with the Board, characterized by open communication, respect, and trust.
* Supports Board development, especially recruitment of new Board members.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, construction management, public administration, nonprofit leadership, or a related field; advanced applicable degree(s) a plus.
* At least 10 years of leadership experience with recent senior management level experience.
* General knowledge or understanding of mortgage finance, fair housing, HUD programs and the current real estate/market trends.
* Demonstrated experience in financial planning and budget development.
* Experience leading and developing a team-based culture with a focus on individual development and organizational growth.
* Demonstrated experience or strong knowledge of construction and mortgage banking.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Experience as a key spokesperson for an organization with an ability to motivate diverse audiences such as corporate executives, government officials, civic groups, faith-based organizations, and community groups.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary, negotiable depending on qualifications. SCHabitat provides a comprehensive benefits package including a 403(b) plan. Also included is vacation & sick time PTO, 11 paid holidays, employer-paid health, dental, vision, STD, and life. There are also additional benefits available at employee cost: Aflac critical illness insurance programs.
SCH is a smoke & drug free workplace. Position requires an on-site presence. SCH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
In one document, please submit a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed beginning January 15, 2023. Chosen applicant will be voted on at the March 9, 2023, board meeting. Anticipated start date: Mid to late April 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tyler, TX 75702: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Senior leadership: 10 years (Required)
- Fair Housing regulations: 1 year (Required)
- Financial planning: 5 years (Required)
- Budgeting: 5 years (Required)
- leading and developing team-based culture: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*