This job has Expired
Dean's Assistant, School of Business
Anticipated Hiring Hourly Range: $22.00-$25.50 per hour
The Assistant to the Dean (DA) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the School of Business Office. This includes providing administrative support to the Dean, oversight, and implementation of administrative logistics for the School of Business. This position requires fostering collaborative relationships with other schools' administrative assistants and is responsible for the supervision of faculty, adjunct faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, found here, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and or any person or organization in the course of representing the University.
- All FPU employees are called to exercise the gifts and calling of God through their daily life and role here at FPU. As ministers to students and other employees in daily life, FPU employees seek to embody the ideals laid out in the FPU Idea.
- A steadfast commitment to the "The Fresno Pacific University Idea" and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the University.
- Plan and support School of Business and university events (e.g., graduation, hooding, convocation, business summit, etc.)
- Work with faculty and adjunct faculty to maintain a course syllabus database
- Collect and organize adjunct faculty applications; communicate with potential adjuncts; and arrange adjunct interviews; manage all applicant files
- Collect and organize faculty applications; communicate with faculty candidates; arrange faculty interviews and campus visits; support Search Committee chairs with logistical arrangements; manage all applicant files
- Process new employee paperwork for adjuncts and regular faculty
- Maintain general faculty information database for full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty
- Order office supplies for the school
- Maintain minutes of various committees, cabinets, and councils of the School of Business including SBU Caucus
- Manage the School of Business Share Point
- Support the ACBSP accreditation process
- Process monthly credit card expense reports, travel expenditures, and general expense reports
- Attend monthly Dean’s Assistant meetings and execute requested university tasks
- Review and revise written material for the Dean, as requested
- Work closely with the Dean to improve School of Business office and staff efficiencies
- Greet and assist visitors to the Dean’s Office
- Assist the Dean with the faculty evaluation process
- Organize and distribute IDEA evaluation summary reports by program by semester
- Manage the submission of all Business Office and Registrar Office forms (assigning appropriate budget number, confirm appropriate approvals, and obtain Dean’s signature as needed)
- Review and track faculty professional development requests
- Supervise student assistants and oversee their responsibilities including approving time, performing annual evaluations, and training student assistants on their responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of regional centers and their staff
- Work at building strong, positive relationships with other campus office personnel in order to ensure that service to our clients is the best it can be
- Maintain a working knowledge of university software and systems such as Colleague, Salesforce, Share Point, IDEA, eLumen, Air Slate, etc.
- Synthesize and enter course schedule data into online course catalog
- Create Degree Completion and GRAD Cohort Schedules
- Retrieve and sort departmental mail
- Assist with the tracking, reporting, and processing of Academic Integrity Violations
- Complete Adjunct Faculty Payouts
- Complete tasks timely with work that is comprehensive, complete, and accurate
- Communicates clearly, listens attentively, and seeks to understand others
- Collaborates productively with colleagues of varying skillset
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to assist in various tasks as they arise
- Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing
- Ability to manage confidential tasks in a professional manner
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to the Christian mission of the university
- Minimum three years’ experience in general office work
- Experience with Colleague software
- Experience in an educational setting
- Indoors in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least eighty percent (80%) of the time.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Drive personal or University vehicles to appointments.
- Public contact position requiring professional apparel, personal hygiene, and grooming.
- This position typically functions indoors in an office environment with light to moderate noise associated with business office equipment. The position may involve travel for meetings and events.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: remain in a stationary position 80 % of the time, be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets/office machinery etc., operate a computer and keyboard and other office productivity machinery such as calculators/copy machines/printers. The employee is occasionally required to position self to reach items on the floor and in high cabinetry.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee must be able to communicate with others to exchange information including both over the telephone and in-person communication with callers and community members and be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.
- Reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities will be provided in accordance with law.
Reserving its rights as a religious institution, Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age or disability, or other classes protected by applicable law. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you should contact FPU’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com. As a religious institution, the University will administer the equal opportunity employment policy consistent with the Fresno Pacific University statement of faith, the FPU Idea and the University’s governance by the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*