This job has Expired
Assistant Professor of Health Information Technology
Full Job Description
Job Description Assistant Professor of Health Information Technology/HIT Program Coordinator
Title of Position: Assistant Professor of Health Information Technology / HIT Program Coordinator
Department: Health Information Technology
Classification: Faculty – KCFT Union
Employment Status: Regular, full-time 9-month academic year
Flexible Schedule required to accommodate clinical assignments
Responsible for performing instructional and all related duties in the College’s HIT program. Helps students understand materials by helping him/her develop effective learning strategies and study skills. May include basic technology assistance as related to the academic tasks.
Reports to the Dean of Health Sciences who reports to the Vice President of Instructional Services, who reports to the President of the College.
- Baccalaureate degree in Health Care Management, Business Administration, or related healthcare field
- Currently credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Health Information Technology management.
- Commitment to community college mission and philosophy.
- Possess a strong commitment to and ability to support student learning and the use of technology and innovation in the delivery of instruction
- Excellent communication, organization, planning, and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to teach students and work with entire College community in an effective and positive manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in Health Care Management, Business Administration, or related healthcare field
- 2 years community college pre-licensure teaching experience.
- Previous experience in curriculum design.
· Understanding of Canvas LMS software
The program director must be responsible for the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the program. The program director may be assigned other institutional duties so long as they do not interfere with the management and administration of the program.
- Perform instructional duties as assigned for HIT courses, including clinical programs.
- Prepare or update syllabi as needed for all courses in which the faculty member has instructional responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in committee meetings, sponsorship of student activities and other College activities as requested and consistent with current collective bargaining agreement.
- Advise and counsel students consistent with current collective bargaining agreement.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Participate in commencement exercises.
- Recommend textbooks and equipment, which the instructor deems necessary in instructional assignments.
- Develop appropriate curriculum for instructor’s subject area.
- Perform assessment of student learning and participate in College-wide assessment program.
- Actively participate in departmental program review.
- Report absences from assigned responsibilities promptly to the Dean.
- Maintain attendance and grade records and provide these records for review as requested.
- Participate in professional development activities both on campus and off-campus as requested and consistent with collective bargaining agreement.
- Promote an educational environment that recognizes and values diversity, equity, and inclusion as integral components of academic excellence.
- Keep abreast of current trends, technologies and information in subject area.
- Plan and implement a program of communication and recruitment with potential interested students in the specific teaching area or vocational program.
- Assist in maintaining an active program advisory committee.
- Work closely with community groups and school districts to develop partnerships and growth opportunities.
- Help maintain all accreditation standards and prepare necessary materials for accreditation visits.
- Work closely with business and industry to develop partnerships and to ensure that the program is meeting the needs of business and industry.
- Participate in College activities and events related to or to promote faculty member’s subject area both on-and off-campus.
- Conduct graduate employment surveys as required.
· The program director must be responsible for the organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of the program. The program director may be assigned other institutional duties so long as they do not interfere with the management and administration of the program.
- Provide input to the Dean in the budget process.
- Assist the appropriate College staff in follow-up activities for graduating or existing Kaskaskia students.
- Assist the appropriate College staff in the dissemination of information dealing with Kaskaskia programs and activities for students and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with collective bargaining agreement.
Position will be expected to work as part of the HIT Department team with a minimum amount of supervision. Supervision and providing leadership to student in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings. Consultation as needed is available with the Dean.
Faculty member is expected to follow all College policies and procedures as well as all local, state, and federal laws. Faculty member is also expected to adhere to and foster development of Kaskaskia College core values of compassion, honesty, respect, responsibility and fairness.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Depending on the faculty member’s load assignment, duties will be performed in either a classroom setting, laboratory, or internship/clinical environment with frequent distractions and interruptions. Travel within the College district, as well as occasional overnight travel is required as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,108.00 - $106,554.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*