This job has Expired
Post Doc Fellow_Drug Discovery Program
The Luca Lab at the Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking postdocs to study the T cell suppression mechanisms of next-generation immune checkpoint receptors (e.g. LAG3). We use a multidisciplinary approach that integrates structural biology with cutting edge protein engineering techniques, such as directed evolution, to develop synthetic ligands with novel signaling properties. Specifically, we are using structure-guided engineering to reprogram immune checkpoints such that they enhance, rather than inhibit, immune cell function.
- In addition to the research, the position will have a focus on career development including grant writing, scientific writing/presentation, mentorship of junior members of the lab, networking, and building collaborations. †
- Candidates will work with a team of medicinal chemists, immunologists, and clinicians to conduct translational research in a highly collaborative environment.
- Mentoring graduate students and technicians
- Composing manuscripts and postdoctoral fellowships, assisting with grant applications
Credentials and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biophysics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in protein biochemistry and molecular biology is required, and expertise in x-ray crystallography is desired but not necessary.
The Moffitt Cancer Center is a rapidly expanding, NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center that includes state-of-the-art core facilities to support basic research.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided free employee-only Medical†and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. With a move to Tampa, you may be eligible for relocation allowance. Reason to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city with unique cultural attractions and a high quality of life. We strive for work/life balance.
Please apply online and include cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three references.
Please apply online, as well as†email†Vince.Luca@moffitt.org a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three references.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*