This job has Expired
Building & Grounds Manager (SOC)
|Position Title||Building & Grounds Manager (SOC)|
Â The Building and Grounds Manager is responsible for the daily operations of college owned and leased facilities.Â Directs daily operations of building maintenance, custodial and grounds personnel. Manages contracted services to support a variety of college needs and community events daily.Â The South Omaha Campus consists of 4 buildings, totaling over 400,000 square feet on 40 acres.
ESSENTIALÂ POSITIONÂ FUNCTIONS:
1. Schedules, coordinates and manages custodial, maintenance and grounds personnel whether in-house or contracted services.
2. Performs and/or directs all necessary heating, air conditioning and ventilation system checks and required preventive maintenance.
3. Evaluates mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to determine necessary construction, repair or maintenance to be performed by College employees or contracted services.
4. Inventories, orders and dispenses all supplies.
5. Completes paperwork for purchases, reports, personnel evaluations, work orders, timecards and all required verbal and written communication.
6. Secures prices, orders and evaluates equipment and materials.
7. Develops training programs for custodial, maintenance and grounds personnel.
8. Supervises the maintenance of winter and summer equipment.
9. Oversees and monitors computerized campus energy management systems. Monitors & maintains building fire alarm systems.
10. Supervises and/or performs campus snow removal.
11. Supervises and or coordinates facility set-ups, etc.
12. Coordinates contract services as necessary.
13. Consistently and dependably attends work, activities, and functions as scheduled or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE,Â SKILLSÂ ANDÂ ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic systems desired.
2. Knowledge in the use of heating and air conditioning equipment, related chemicals, compounds and solvents desired.
3. Knowledge in energy management system, use, functions and capabilities.
4. Knowledge and experience of building maintenance, grounds and custodial procedures and processes.
5. Skill in using carpentry hand and power tools.
6. Ability to maintain and organize files and accurate records.
7. Knowledge and ability to utilize Microsoft Office and timekeeping software.
8. Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
9. Ability to operate light construction equipment, personal lifts and vehicles.
10. Ability to work in extreme temperatures and harsh conditions.
11. Ability to be on-call and emergency response.
12. Ability to lift in excess of 100 pounds.
13. Ability to communicate verbally, written form, voice, e-mail, etc.
14. Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, climb, push, pull, reach and walk to complete assigned tasks.
15. Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Metropolitan Community College recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable the candidate to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Â Associates Degree in related field.
Minimum of five yearsâ€™ related work experience relating to building maintenance, grounds, custodial operations andÂ HVACÂ systems.
Minimum three yearsâ€™ previous supervisory experience relating to a structured and service oriented building maintenance and/or facilities organization.
Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience considered.
Prolonged periods standing and walking.
Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
|Salary/Hourly Rate||$22.80 Minimum|
Posting Detail Information
|Number of Vacancies||Â|
|Job Open Date||12/05/2022|
|Job Close Date||12/19/2022|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Schedule: M-F 7:00am to 3:30pm.
Must be available outside of core schedule for snow removal, events and other emergencies.
Â Valid driverâ€™s license and insurability by college carrier to drive college vehicles.
Hiring process includes passing a background check.
|Quicklink for Posting||https://www.mccnebjobs.com/postings/3508|
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*