This job has Expired
IT Operations Manager
IT Operations Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Finance & Administration/CFO
Direct Reports: None
The IT Operations Manager is responsible for the management and execution of the Foundation’s IT infrastructure and budget, ensuring all IT initiatives support the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation. This individual will improve business operations and efficiency through analysis of technology and workflow; manage IT support requests and ensure satisfactory service delivery; and oversee and coordinate with vendors and external specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Enterprise Technology Management
- Manage the Foundation’s IT infrastructure and assets.
- In conjunction with supervisor, direct the planning, prioritization, implementation, deployment and evaluation of enterprise IT initiatives.
- Lead efforts to identify opportunities to improve the reliability and security of IT systems, increase efficiencies, evaluate and review business opportunities, perform cost-benefit analyses and conduct audits.
- Assist in creating annual IT operating & project budgets.
- Develop and maintain IT policies and procedures, including a purchasing process.
- Maintain a calendar of regularly scheduled IT tasks and processes.
- Maintain best practice documentation for network/cloud architecture, diagram, roles, permissions and access control.
- Ensure the Foundation is aligned to industry-standard security practices.
- Communicate with employees to identify operational needs and concerns.
- Analyze trends to identify potential training needs, policy updates and other opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the Foundation as a leader in the philanthropic tech community in Alaska and regionally.
Support Team Management
- Coordinate internal requests for IT support, identify needs, consolidate information and submit help desk requests to the appropriate service providers.
- Monitor support delivery and coordinate with service providers to ensure requests are addressed in an accurate, satisfactory and timely manner.
- Take ownership of service delivery and be able to provide direct support to Foundation employees as needed due to time constraints and/or availability of external service providers.
- Analyze help desk requests to identify trends and potential solutions.
- Manage user expectations to build trust and maximize confidence in service providers.
- Meet with service providers on a periodic basis to discuss help desk trends, outstanding help desk requests, upcoming needs and projects, the overall health of the Foundation’s IT infrastructure, and the Foundation’s IT roadmap/strategy.
- Document processes and workflows.
- Develop and deliver ongoing end user training opportunities. Assist Foundation employees in developing a solid understanding of Foundation technologies.
- Maintain and orchestrate onboarding/offboarding technology processes.
- Manager user security training.
Vendor Relationship Management
- Collaborate with third parties/vendors to form business partnerships, align efforts to reach desired goals, and ensure products and services meet business needs.
- Collect recommendations and proposals from technology partners to identify benefits, risks and desired outcomes. Recommend action plans and obtain sponsorship from Foundation leadership.
- Lead efforts to negotiate and manage vendor contracts.
- Confidence administrating enterprise solutions and infrastructure such as:
- Windows 10/11
- Office 365
- Ability to effectively understand new business applications and coordinate troubleshooting and support between employees and application vendors such as:
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills for issues of varying complexity.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Team leadership to align internal and external participants to a common goal.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor in all external and internal interactions.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and patient when assisting employees.
- Comfortable with speaking to our group of employees (typically less than 30).
- Alignment with the Foundation’s mission and vision.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as a core value.
- Ability to accommodate occasional evening and weekend work.
- Hybrid, remote work Mon & Fri, work in the Anchorage office Tue – Thurs, in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of prior experience in the technology field. Applicable experience could include roles in delivering user support, project management, business analysis, systems analysis, or IT consulting services in a professional environment with 10 or more users.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, industry training, certification and continuing education will be considered.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination, including applicable booster shots required.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*