132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
We invite you to join our team of professionals who enjoy and are dedicated to student academic excellence.
The Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development (CEWD) at Hostos Community College offers educational, career, and personal development opportunities designed to address the needs of the Bronx and neighboring communities such as Upper Manhattan. We offer non-credit courses and certificate programs.
Hostos seeks a Program Manager with strong administrative skills to manage a portfolio of certificate programs/trainings in the healthcare sector, including leading the Community Health Worker program.
The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for students and provides a comprehensive array of services such as recruitment and program screening, monitoring attendance and providing attendance outreach, working continuously and collaboratively with CEWD’s instructors and staff, and meeting with students to engage in collaborative problem solving to address barriers to success. The Program Manager reports to the Senior Director of Operations.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of assigned programs/trainings as well as coordinating program implementation and achieving each program’s outcomes and milestones
- Works with CEWD’s Data team to collect data and prepare reports
- Maintains continuous communications with students, instructors, employers, program partners and other internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinates marketing and student recruitment efforts
- Conducts online information sessions and workshops
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all prospective and enrolled students
- Conducts pre-screening and assessment activities with students
- Provides general case management and advisement support to students
- Performs general administrative/clerical duties, including data entry, record-keeping, document collection, and maintenance of electronic databases
- Handles requests for information and data from internal and external stakeholders
- Communicates professionally via telephone, e-mail and face-to-face with applicants, colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders
- Attends outreach and networking events
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced educational environment
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work in an online and in-person working environment is required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and work within a team environment
- Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience managing or coordinating programs and/or trainings
- At least 2 years of experience working with Workforce Development programs, recruiting and coordinating student services and directly contributing to student program completion and success
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Must have a strong experience in MS Teams, Zoom, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*