Business Operations Manager, Workforce Development
Full Job Description
Career Catalyst Business Operations Manager
Remote within California, Some travel required (~10x/year)
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is on a mission to double its impact in the next 10 years. We are a group of relentless optimists and innovators in education, working collaboratively with public and private partners to help improve the student experience and expand pathways to economic and social mobility in communities across California. We are seeking a Business Operations Manager to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
Since its creation in 1998, Career Catalyst has helped facilitate more than 18,000 work experiences. The service is utilized by a range of organization types, including school districts, community colleges, workforce intermediaries, public agencies, private employers, etc. Learners supported by Career Catalyst are equally diverse, and many face significant barriers to employment, identifying with historically underrepresented groups, CalFresh benefits eligibility, former foster youth, individuals with disabilities, justice-involved, affected by natural disasters, and other specifications. Engaged industries span advanced manufacturing, information technology, healthcare, hospitality, film and media arts, natural resource management, education, youth development, public service, and many others.
As a member of WDD, the Career Catalyst Operations Manager oversees all operational aspects of the Foundation’s Career Catalyst service. The Operations Manager is responsible for shaping and ensuring effective implementation of operational policies and procedures, supervises operations team members, collaborates closely with Career Catalyst Business Development and Support Teams (HR, Finance, Legal) leadership, and is a member of the more comprehensive WDD Management Team.
What You Bring
- Responsible for effective management of all Career Catalyst operations functions and activities.
- Track and manage Career Catalyst budget and contract performance.
- Collaborate with the WDD leadership team on service improvement and expansion.
- Oversee new contracts and renewal processes.
- Supervise Operations staff goals and performance
- Participate in WDD and Career Catalyst Strategic Plan development.
- Prepare and deliver presentations at external meetings and conferences as appropriate.
Attributes for Success
- Excellent operations management, process improvement, and team development skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and ensure the delivery of quality performance, with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to monitor and forecast service performance, strategically deploy resources and staff, evaluate customer satisfaction, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, ranging from C-suite professionals and public officials to work experience program managers and staff to inexperienced learners.
- Must be highly motivated and able to lead a fast-paced team, problem-solve, and serve as a thought partner in a growing organization.
- Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
What We Offer
You’ll join a group of mission-driven, passionate, equity-minded individuals with a strong desire to impact and change lives for the better through education. As the official nonprofit auxiliary to the Chancellor's Office, we aim to ensure our team reflects the diversity of the California Community Colleges and the 1.8 million students, campuses, and communities it serves. Individuals are hired for their deep understanding of each population’s unique needs and will join a collaborative environment where each team member plays an important role in helping Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families.
We operate from an office located in downtown Sacramento’s thriving R Street corridor. Our benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, generous medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth, and providing diverse opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.
To learn more about the Foundation visit: https://foundationccc.org/
To apply and to see the full Job Description visit: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*