This job has Expired
Multifunction Svcs Inter Supr- Ambulatory Care - CSPD
Why become part of the CSPD Team at Michigan Medicine?
As a Supervisor of the Central Sterile Processing Department at Michigan Medicine, you will plan, prepare, coordinate and supervise the sterile instrument processing functions and activities. You will work hand in hand with the manager, while providing a safe and healthy work environment. Working for Michigan Medicine will provide you with a positive work/life balance, while also allowing you with the opportunity to improve and develop your career. We would love for you to join our innovative and fun team.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- State of the art technology and equipment
- Continued education allowance
- Teaching and mentorship opportunities
- You will deliver direct supervision of all shift work (receiving, decontamination, cleaning, assembly, sterilization and distribution of surgical or procedural instruments and packs.
- You will assure adherence to all quality systems, checks and measures.
- Assists the manager with a wide range of tasks including all hiring, evaluation, counseling and termination of staff.
- Maintains safety standards to assure compliance with University, State and Federal codes or regulations.
- You will be responsible for employee productivity, employee presence in the work place and employee adherence to break times.
- Provide disciplinary action when needed.
- Accurately maintains and approves employee time keeping systems and records in accordance with institutional and all regulatory requirements.
- Supervises staff in compliance with bargained for agreements and contracts.
- Coordinate work flow and services between departments.
- Assist in the resolution of operating problems.
- Integrates ethical principles, professional standards, and evidence-based practice in all aspects of practice.
- Participates on committees, projects and other meetings.
- Maintains educational and/or clinical competencies appropriate to role.
- Facilitates the initiation and adoption of change and Lean principles.
- Demonstrates flexibility and confidentiality.
- Monitors and maintains sterilization documentation.
- Assure parameters of sterilization and instruments are safe for use.
- Initiates sterilizer load recall as indicated and completes all safety reporting documentation.
- Properly maintain all equipment, while documenting any completed testing.
- You will assist with preparation of departmental reports.
- Monitor and maintain department inventory and supplies
- Provide consultation, support, assistance and networking/information gathering.
- You may collaborate with and act as a liaison with other departments to support and facilitate safe and effective patient care.
- You wil report directly to the ASC CSPD Manager.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in CSPD
- Certification through CBSPD or IAHCSMM
- Recent experience as an OR Instrument Processor or CSS professional
- Extensive OR instrumentation experience
- Endoscopy processing experience
- Demonstrated competency with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to demonstrate University of Michigan Health Care customer service standards and behaviors
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to clearly express ideas and techniques
- Creative thinking; analytical, problem solving and independent decision-making abilities; self-direction; theoretical knowledge and skill in instrument processing, high-level disinfection and sterilization systems
- Organized, takes initiative, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and high-energy
- Ability to quickly address difficult/emergent situations in a professional and confidential manner
- Strong operational and clinical skills in Central Processing
- Associate Degree or higher
- 1-2 years’ supervisory experience
- Graduate of a formal sterile processing program
- Demonstrated competency in instrument tracking software systems
This is a full-time, Monday – Friday 3:00pm-11:30pm position. Hours may flex depending on operational needs. On-call availability on Saturdays.
The CSPD afternoon supervisor will cover areas for all UMMG CSPD sites which include East Ann Arbor, Brighton Center for Speciality Care, Kellogg Eye Center, West Ann Arbor and Northville.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*