This job has Expired
Student Svcs Support & Clinical Placement Assistant
This is a temporary position with an expected 32-40 hours per week for a duration of 6 months with the option to extend up to 12 months.
- Work with the Clinical Placement Coordinator to obtain information on existing clinical sites within the preceptor database to establish placements.
- Work with the Clinical Placement Coordinator to locate and secure new clinical placements by establishing new relationships with preceptors and clinical sites.
- Follow-up with students and sites/preceptors as needed.
- Send standard contract template to new sites and support Clinical Placement Coordinator to complete contract processes.
- Communicate with students via email or phone with instructions for completing the preceptor form and uploading form to Blackboard.
- Track all students placed and in-progress of placement.
- Track all clinical placements obtained in an Excel spreadsheet and provide weekly updates to program director or manager.
- Work with the program manager to update and maintain information for Complio.
- Work with the program manager(s) and senior academic advisor in securing academic advising appointments.
- Answer general advising questions in order to refer students to the correct academic advisor for further advising.
- Provide administrative support to the Student Success Coordinator as needed, including scheduling appointments with groups/individuals as requested.
- Work with the advising staff to organize and maintain accurate information and files at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience in administrative support
- Willing to learn UM-Flint database systems.
- Excellent communication skills required.
Bachelor Degree or a combination of education and professional relevant experience.
Prior experience with UM-Flint SON
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*