This job has Expired
Inpatient Unit Clerk
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Women’s Birth Center at Michigan Medicine is seeking an Inpatient Unit Clerk to provide excellent customer service to our patients and clerical support to our nurses and doctors. This is a communication-heavy position requiring good interpersonal, written and verbal skills and the ability to work as a team. You will be expected to work weekends and alternating holidays.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Utilize extensive on-the-job training to complete tasks.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients in the Women's Birth Center.
- Receive and assist patients and visitors, providing excellent customer service.
- Answer patient calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to emergent situations in a calm and professional manner utilizing predefined processes.
- Procure supplies, equipment and services for patients.
- Maintain census information.
- Monitor infant security system.
- Communicate effectively and timely with staff.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks based on level of importance
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Excellent organizational, follow-through and time management skills
- Prior healthcare experience
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- The scheudule will be a full time position up to 40hours/week
- Shift are 8 hours Nights 11:30p - 7:30a
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*