This job has Expired
HRPP Education and Policy Coordinator
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. See the Additional Information section for other important details regarding the interview process for this position.
Conduct gap assessments, develop materials, and implement educational programs associated with the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). Work with HRPP leadership and U-M IRB education professionals to identify new content areas for development. Evaluate and make recommendations for implementation of new technology and formats to deliver content in readily available just-in-time formats. Coordinate in-person training sessions and communication of educational materials via e-mail, web, and newsletters with U-M IRBs, the OVPR Communications Coordinator, and other research units to deliver a comprehensive, organization-wide education program.
Working with HRPP leadership, maintain updates to existing human research policies and assess the need for additional policy development. Author new policies directed toward compliance with human research regulations and other organizational requirements such as accreditation (AAHRPP).
Maintain up-to-date, detailed knowledge of human research regulations and policies. Participate in special assignments as determined by HRPP leadership.
A hybrid (in-person/remote) work model is strongly preferred but fully remote candidates will be considered.
- Master's degree in an appropriate discipline
- Five years background in either clinical research, research administration, research ethics, research education/training and/or regulatory compliance
- Extensive knowledge of federal human subject protection regulations (45 CFR 46 and 21 CFR 50/56) as evidenced by professional experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and developing educational material
- Experience interpreting guidelines, policies, and regulations; experience developing new policies and guidance materials
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to interact with various process owners and faculty and staff across the University
- Extremely proficient computer skills and experience with presentation software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong familiarity with IRB application software (e.g., Click Commerce IRB software (eResearch)
- Familiarity with presentation software
- Professional certification associated with human research such as CIP, ACRP, or SOCRA
This position requires a brief presentation on a predetermined topic during the candidate’s interview as well as the submission of a representative writing sample. Candidates will be informed of the specific requirements at the time of interview scheduling.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*