This job has Expired
Patient Services Associate/Intermediate - Template Editor - Brighton Center for Specialty Care
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline your service excellence skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Frontline interaction with patients and families performing clerical functions in a busy outpatient setting for the Brighton Center for Specialty Care Infusion Center. We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic Patient Services Associate/Intermediate to join our team. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, commitment to innovation, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal customer service experience. Ensuring a Patient and Family centered experience according to the Health Systems Service Excellence Goals is a priority to our care of our patients. The individual chosen will be responsible for meeting the highest standards of customer service including, exhibiting a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
Provide support in fast paced high volume patient care environment. Provide exceptional customer service and support to all Brighton Center for Specialty Care and Michigan Medicine patients, families, providers and team members. Candidate should expect to cross train on office duties and be able to assume different roles as needed. Duties include:
- Provides template editing support to the BCSC clinics in Adults Specialty, Pediatric Specialty, OTO, Audiology, Ophthalmology, Rogel Cancer Center, and the Comprehensive Musculoskeletal Center.
- Edit provider templates as request by provider, departments, and divisions
- Manage same day clinic closures by closing clinic and contact patients to reschedule
- Manage clinic closure for providers planned time off
- Build and submit new templates as directed by provider and/or department
- Liaison between BCSC and departments requesting template changes
- Gather and verify patient demographics, insurance, and other pertinent information.
- Provide Clerical coverage and support to the BCSC clerical team areas by assisting during peak check in/out times and back up coverage as needed.
- Receive/assist patients and families as well as providing check in and check out services
- Collect co-pays and account payments
- Confirm, notify, and remind patients of appointments and/or changes
- Schedule clinic visits for all specialty clinics and associated testing visits
- Provide information to patients regarding referral requirements
- Management of MiChart in-basket messages from patients through the portal, for providers, nurses, and MA’s.
- Prepare necessary monthly and daily reports and participate in huddles
- Work with the nursing team, providers, medical assistants, and other team members to improve patient care and improve processes to enhance patient experience
- Provide service recovery as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education equivalency.
- Prior clerical scheduling experience
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Cheerful and energetic individual, motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Must be a team player with ability to take direction and communicate with peers and patients courteously and respectfully at all times.
- Excellent service recovery skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, accountability and follow through abilities.
- Required flexibility in all aspects of work assignments and is able to switch work to meet the needs of the clinic while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to take direction while successfully managing the clinic needs in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and information technology communication skills.
- Exhibits professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty, and staff.
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability are required.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure.
Associate level: 2-3 years of related experience
Intermediate level: 3-4 year of related experience
- Knowledge of check-in, check-out, and complex outpatient infusion scheduling utilizing MiChart (EPIC-Cadence) system.
- Clerical experience and medical terminology are helpful.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*