This job has Expired
Assistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor - Nuclear Engineering
Working TitleAssistant/Associate/Full Teaching Professor - Nuclear Engineering
Anticipated Hiring Range$8,000 to $12,000/semester (depending on professional rank: $8k- Asst; $10k- Assoc; $12k- Full)
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday; time may vary depending on class and advising students
Job LocationRalleigh, NC
About the Department
With an increasing faculty population and research areas/projects, there is greater opportunity for learning in the broad areas of advanced nuclear reactor engineering, radiation detection and admeasurements, nuclear materials, security and non-proliferation, computational science and digital engineering, plasma science and engineering, radiological and waste engineering, and advanced nuclear applications in emerging high-technology, bioengineering and digital engineering areas.
Please see https://www.ne.ncsu.edu/ for more information on the organizational unit.
Essential Job Duties
- Presenting engaging course content that fulfills student learning outcomes
- Developing exams, quizzes, and homework assignments
- Grading assessments with possible TA support
- Holding office hours
- Maintaining up-to-date course platform (e.g. Moodle)
- Determining and posting course grades
- Advising and mentoring students in their research work
Inclusiveness and diversity are integral to NC State’s commitment to excellence in research, engagement, and education. We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in teaching.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Ph.D. degree or an equivalent degree in Nuclear Engineering or related field.
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Ability to support senior design, including overseeing course structure, soliciting projects from stakeholders (e.g. industry, government, non-governmental organizations) The individual will participate in ABET and student outcome evaluations.
- Experience in teaching at the college or university level in industrial engineering, operations research, computer science, statistics, manufacturing, ergonomics, or a related field.
Required License(s) or Certification(s)
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License requiredNo
Job Open Date11/15/2022
Anticipated Close DateOpen until filled.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position TypeNon-Tenure-Track Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week).225 - .675
Appointment< 9 Months Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency Event
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?No
Department ID141101 - Nuclear Engineering
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*