2023 Internship- Welding Engineering Intern
Are you searching for an internship experience that includes interesting and impactful engineering work?
Do you have a passion for fabricating complex hardware and prototypes?
If so, and you are pursuing a degree in welding engineering, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking an intern to help us produce mechanical hardware for APL. For example: As a member of our team, you'll contribute to space missions. You will be joining a hardworking team of engineers and designers who make advanced prototypes. We are passionate about our mission. Our team is committed to quality. We strive to foster an environment of shared learning. Our team values growth and technical excellence.
As a member of our team...
- Your primary responsibility will be to assist welders to fabricate advanced hardware.
- You will review drawings, fabricate and inspect hardware, and participate in design meetings.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Are pursing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in welding engineering.
- Have a passion for fabricating complex hardware and prototypes.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Are able to obtain a/an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Have experience welding complex hardware
- Have experience working in a shop environment
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*