132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 70 New Jobs Today.
Manager, Convention Operations
Manager, Convention Operations
Full Job Description
The American Diabetes Association is seeking a Manager, Convention Operations who will work as a member of the team that supports the association’s annual Scientific Sessions, Clinical Update Conference, and other meetings as assigned. This person will report to the Director, Convention Operations.
Fulltime remote position; prefer candidate who can be in the ADA Offices in Arlington, VA periodically (~6 times/year) to manage conference shipments and maintain meeting supply inventories.
- Manages the ancillary meeting request process at conference hotels, which includes creating a request form/FAQ, approving space requests, confirming meeting space and managing the billing/invoice process.
- Oversees shipping logistics, including vendor selection and contracting, creation of shipping procedures and labels, and staff shipping logistics.
- Manages registration information/business rules from the third-party meeting planners of the Corporate Symposia events; manages website updates as needed.
- Works directly with Convention Center security department on the development and/or updates to the Emergency Response Plan and Staff Guide.
- Manages first aid vendor and onsite first aid schedule.
- Coordinates signage needed and inputs text into proprietary online system (Passport).
- Processes attendee list requests from exhibitors and manages the billing/invoice of those charges.
- Sets up master accounts at hotels and reconciles final hotel invoices.
- Consolidates the hotel contract information into a comprehensive report for Director.
- Assists with logistics for virtual meetings as needed.
- Enters all meeting-related budgets into finance system and manages entry timeline working with budget owners.
- Updates website with meeting updates throughout the year, confirming accuracy of information.
- Processes and tracks invoices and payments into finance system.
- Manages general Convention Operations inbox, responding to all questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Orders meeting materials as needed (pins, ribbons, shirts, etc.) and helps with the design/look.
- Works directly with vendor to manage the 5K@ADA program at Scientific Sessions.
- Assists with logistics for other meetings as needed.
- Creates and updates department’s standard operating procedures and templates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in meeting/conference planning or hotel conference management strongly preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail is a major requirement for consideration in this position
- Ability to work in a team-focused work environment, as well as ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Exceptional skills using technology are required, including Microsoft Office suite
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of registration, housing, or virtual platforms preferred
- Strong copy editing and communication skills
Compensation range: $60k - $70k DOE
Take Your Career On A Mission
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts your community and beyond?
Over 29 million Americans have diabetes and over 86 million have pre-diabetes. The ADA offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, work-life balance, our benefits, and our culture. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more about the ADA as well as other exciting and fulfilling career opportunities please visit us at www.diabetes.org.
Together We Can Stop Diabetes!
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*