Community Partnership Program Assistant
Community Partnership Program Assistant
Full Job Description
About Goodwill We believe in the potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives. We believe that education and training empower people to make those changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees’ differences and acknowledge and support our collective responsibility. If you need any assistance in applying please contact PeopleRelataions@evergreengoodwill.org for any assistance or accommodation requests.
Title: Community Partnership Program Assistant
We believe in the potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives. We believe that education and training empower people to make those changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees’ differences and acknowledge and support our collective responsibility.
About the Position
The Community Partnership Program Assistant supports the Community Partnership Manager Community, the Community Liaison, and the Regional Volunteer Program. This role will supports Evergreen Goodwill staff in an effort to provide a rewarding experience for individuals, corporations, and organizations passionate about sharing their time and talents in support of our mission. This role will perform regular data entry, schedule meetings, schedule volunteers, and provide direction to interns and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Track and monitor relationships of individuals and organizations connected to Evergreen Goodwill primarily through partnerships, volunteerism, fundraising campaigns, special events, and Mission Programs.
- Process and complete invoices, expense reports, check requests, and credit card reports in a timely manner to Accounting.
- Compose general correspondence including memos and e-mails. Prepare presentation and meeting materials. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, and make appropriate edits.
- Organize and schedule meetings, including arrangement of audiovisual equipment, meeting minutes, and dissemination of materials and other tasks.
- Conduct research to provide background information for Community Partnership program staff for information needed for partnership development and volunteer recruitment.
- Coordinate activities as they pertain to the Mission Regional Volunteer Program including but not limited to: creation of volunteer job descriptions, recruitment, orientation and training, placement, and stewardship.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to staff working with volunteers.
- Support volunteer correspondence, thank you cards, mailing lists, content for marketing materials, and other materials necessary for recruitment, engagement, and stewardship of volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer facing website and social media accounts.
- Track the volunteer onboarding and orientation process for all new volunteers.
- Update and maintain online recruitment platforms, including but not limited to: United Way, Volunteer Match, Signup.com, Evergreen Goodwill website.
- Update and maintain the Volunteer Center on Evergreen Goodwill’s SharePoint intranet site.
- Represent the organization at community events as needed.
- Attend required meetings, trainings and develop and deliver presentations
- Demonstrates safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated success in volunteer management, community engagement, and/or fundraising.
- Minimum 1 year experience with a nonprofit organizations.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred supervising/coordinating volunteers and their assignments.
- Some volunteer leadership and/or non-profit development preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment,
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Possess an outgoing, people-oriented manner and a great sense of humor.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: N/A
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, and donor databases (such as Donor Perfect Online) or customer relationship databases
- Ability to learn new technology and software as related to the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required sit for long periods of time, communicate with other employees by talking and hearing and to operate computer systems. Able to safely lift/push/pull up to 25 lbs., grasp, handle, finger and manipulate items; perform repetitive fine motor functions with fingers, wrists, and arms, standing for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Able to communicate with others effectively both verbally and written, including those who have limited English skills. Maintain reliable attendance.
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Internal/external customer service skills, communicating the public
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Creating written communication
Office/classroom environment; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must have reliable transportation, as this position requires occasional travel to offsite meetings and events.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Goodwill believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor Goodwill to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the Goodwill.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*