Director of Programs
Director of Programs
Full Job Description
Are you passionate about ending homelessness and helping to create a path to stable living? Do you love to manage empowering programs and lead with compassion and kindness? We are looking for someone like you!
Congregations for the Homeless (CFH) serves more than 1,700 people each year with street outreach, day center services, shelters, permanent subsidized housing, case management, and other life-saving supportive services—including 125,000 meals. CFH is a healthy, fiscally stable organization with a dedicated Board and staff poised to advance its mission. Following a successful capital campaign, CFH is excited to open a new state of the art shelter in Bellevue in March 2023.
Congregations for the Homeless (CFH) is currently seeking a Director of Programs to join their team! This position will provide strategic leadership and management of our key programs: Shelter, Outreach/Housing and Case Management. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to build collaborative relationships internally (mental health, finance, reporting) and externally (regional partners) in order to provide resources to all who seek services through CFH.
In addition to the key responsibilities, the Director of Programs must be able to adapt quickly to a wide variety of situations, and exhibit strong communication, problem solving, time and project management skills. The ideal candidate will empower staff and be committed to staff development, provide transparency, and be open to change. Stated commitment to our DEI practices is also required.
The person who will succeed in this position is committed to supporting and modeling the CFH values through their actions and expectations of others. This position works primarily on-site with flexibility for occasional remote work.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Programs:
- Department / Program Management and Leadership - Provide effective leadership and management ensuring high-quality services that align with CFH’s vision, mission, and values.
- Fiscal Management - Develop and manage program budgets, monitor revenue and expenses in relation to program performance and desired outcomes.
- Contractual Management and Funding Development - Build and maintain successful relationships with contract monitors and manage services to comply with contract and legal requirements.
- Staff Development and Supervision – Provide leadership, staff development and supervision for approximately 35 direct and indirect reports.
- Community Relations - In partnership with the Executive Director, act as a liaison to neighborhoods and various partner communities to help bring together the housed and unhoused in ways that build positive relationships, maximize the effectiveness of services and expand collaborations.
What the successful Director of Programs will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of related experience desired, with at least 2 of those in a leadership role
- Experience in program improvement, design and implementation
- Experience communicating and working effectively with individuals from diverse economic circumstances, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, physical and mental abilities, and sexual orientations
- Experience managing a team and directing service delivery by establishing clear expectations, developing a manageable workload to accomplish those expectations, empowering others to work and solve problems on their own, and promote a strong team approach
- Experience writing grant proposals preferred
- Possess a deep understanding of the intricacies of homelessness and a strong orientation toward social justice concerns
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Remain calm and professional when faced with difficult situations and emergencies
- Influence others and build a collaborative team environment
- Commit to the development of others through cultivating individual talents, successfully motivating, coaching, recognition, and delegation
- Develop and manage complex budgets with multiple funding sources and compliance requirements
- Maintain an aptitude with technology necessary for successful day-to-day functioning in business environment including various databases, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., and Internet technology
- $90,000 to $110,000 per year
Congregations for the Homeless has outstanding benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits – 100% paid by employer for employee coverage
- Life Insurance – 100% paid by employer for employee coverage
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% paid by employer for employee coverage
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid by employer for employee coverage
- Simple IRA
- 20 days of PTO + 11 holidays (1 float)
Want to learn more about Congregations for the Homeless?
CFH is a secular 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1993 to provide a warm, safe, and hospitable place for single men to sleep and be nourished with three healthy meals each day. Our core values are relationship, community, empowerment, dignity and respect. These values embody the CFH mission: to partner with men & the community to create a path from homelessness to stable living.
Please visit https://cfhomeless.org/to learn more!
Congregations for the Homeless has partnered with All Things HR, an external HR Consulting Company, to assist with their hiring process. If you would like to be a part of this dynamic company, please apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellevue, WA 98004: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bellevue, WA 98004
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*