Dual Enrollment/Outreach Specialist
Dual Enrollment/Outreach Specialist
Full Job Description
The Dual Enrollment/Outreach Specialist serves as the primary liaison between high schools and the College and ensures compliance with the Alabama Community College Systemâ€™s Dual Enrollment regulations. The person serving in this role will be responsible for providing continued promotion and awareness of the dual enrollment program to high school students, their parents, counselors, college faculty and administrators. They will also be responsible for the coordination of all dual enrollment activities for Admissions and Student Services to include the admissions, recruitment, and retention of dual enrollment students. The Dual Enrollment/Outreach Specialist will adhere to the policies as specified by the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees and the Drake State Community and Technical College Faculty and Staff Handbook.
Salary:Â Appropriate placement on the Alabama Community College System Board of
Salary Schedule E2, Grade 2
Salary Range $48,712 - $64,473 (12 months, Non-Exempt)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm Monday - Thursday and 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Dual Enrollment/Outreach Specialist shall perform the duties as specified in
conformity with policies established by the Alabama Community College System
Board of Trustees and the J. F. Drake State Community and Technical College
Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Serve as the collegeâ€™s primary resource for dual enrollment
- Provide comprehensive support for all admissions and recruiting activities for dual enrollment for the College
- Assist in the annual development of articulation agreements and recruitment efforts between public and private school systems, home-school organizations and the College
- Develop short and long-range plans for recruitment and retention of dual enrollment students
- Analyze cost requirements and makes recommendations for fee structures
- Establish relationships with the collegeâ€™s educational partners at the secondary level
- Communicate effectively by meeting with high school dual enrollment administrators and counselors in the collegeâ€™s service area on a regular basis and respond promptly as their needs arise
- Organize and make presentations to high school students in the collegeâ€™s service area
- Meet with dual enrollment students, parents and high school counselor(s), distribute admissions and dual enrollment information, and respond to questions
- Provide dual enrollment admissions advising and ensure students are placed in appropriate courses
- Order textbooks, supplies, kits, and other necessary material in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the instructional division in determining course needs each semester
- Collaborate with the instructional division to ensure that a regular evaluation process is completed quarterly with lead and site instructors.
- Assist with college-wide programs and visitations attended by high school students, parents and counselors to promote dual enrollment
- Review and update dual enrollment handbook and calendars annually; update all forms, letters, informational material and mailers as necessary
- Collaborate with the administrators in planning, scheduling, and establishing policies and guidelines appropriate for the dual enrollment program
- Coordinate all aspects of dual enrollment registration process for the collegeâ€™s service area in consultation with the instructional division
- Develop semester and annual reports for the dual enrollment program
- Chair the Dual Enrollment Advisory Board Committee
- Conduct parent/student information sessions to discuss all aspects of the collegeâ€™s dual enrollment program
- Work with the Assistant Dean of Instruction with onboarding process of new dual enrollment instructors and act as liaison with Human Resources during the onboarding process
- Conduct orientation sessions for teachers to clearly identify the aspects of the program as well as DSCTC policies, regulations, requirements, etc.
- Conduct online sessions with students periodically throughout the semester
- Manage and budget the dual enrollment grant
- Stay abreast of the dual enrollment grant program regulations and standards including FERPA guidelines
- Works independently and cooperatively with the Director of Public Relations to market the dual enrollment program develop and implement effective recruitment and marketing strategies, including assistance with web content, preparation of publications, distribution of brochures and catalogs, and in-person promotion at off-site events
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues including but not limited to attending statewide meetings, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as appropriate.
- Keep record of all dual enrollment students as well as copies of their required paperwork
- Collect grades from the high schools and report those grades within a timely manner
- Provide periodic reports regarding enrollments, staff and student performance, and making recommendations for improvement
- Retain and submit documentation as required to support accreditation efforts
- Perform other work-related responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services, Dean of Students, and/or the President
Job description may be modified or altered at any time by supervisors or management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSÂ :
- Earned Bachelorâ€™s degree or evidence of being within (30) credit hours of earning a Bachelorâ€™s degree within (12) months of hire, in an area related to education, counseling, public or business administration, or management from a regionally accredited institution
- Copy of college transcripts (transcripts must confirm applicant meets educational requirements. If a Bachelorâ€™s degree is not earned at the time of submitting application, and enrollment verification must be included in the application)
- Experience working with K-12 students in an educational environment
- Willingness to work with administration in the development of the program area
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, colleagues, college and high school administrators and faculty, and the community of interest
- Ability to make presentations to high school students, small and large groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with listening, verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and facilitate online courses and sessions
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSÂ :
- Earned Masterâ€™s degree in an area related to education, counseling, public or business administration, or management from a regionally accredited institution
- Professional experience working in a community college
- Background in K-12 and community college recruiting and advising
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate through their
experiences and accomplishments:
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a community and technical college
- Sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and various situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Commitment to teaching and learning, where recent high school graduates, adult students, and non-traditional students are involved
Application Procedures/Additional Information
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the NEOED on-line application system to be considered. A complete application consists of the following:
- An on-line application
- Current resume
- Copy of college transcripts (Transcript must confirm applicant meets educational requirements.)
Application materials must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.
Background Check Requirement
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and agree to a non-refundable fee of $17.40 for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for this position. Complete application files must be received no later than the application deadline. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the open period of this announcement will be considered. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Finalists will be required to provide official transcripts that are mailed directly to the Office of Human Resources at Drake State Community and Technical College from the institution(s) granting the credits.
All applicants must have an on-line and completed application packet by the deadline date. All applications received will be screened and interviews scheduled by appointment only. All applicants must adhere to the Collegeâ€™s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. Applicants must demonstrate written proficiency in English as part of the on-campus interview process. Drake State Community and Technical College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employeeâ€™s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Drake State Community and Technical College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Drake State will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Drake State reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding. Drake State compiles information about safety and security and publishes an annual report. This report can be found on the website by accessing the crime and safety report link. The link can be found on the Drake State home page by clicking the â€œAbout Drake Stateâ€ tab and then selecting the â€œCampus Security Reportâ€ link. A copy can also be obtained by contacting the Director of Operations at 256-551-5210.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within (120) days of the job announcement stated closing date or to not fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
Alabama Community College System
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*