132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Assistant Professor of Healthcare Management
Widener Universityâ€™s accredited School of Business Administration (SBA) is currently seeking an Assistant Professor of Healthcare Management. This is a tenure track position starting in August 2023. Faculty will primarily teach graduate and undergraduate courses focused on the management of organizations and services in the healthcare and related industries. We invite applicants who demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence, high quality research, and service to our academic and professional communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESÂ (including, but not limited to):
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in healthcare management and related disciplines.
- Contribute to curricular planning, assessment, and improvement based on assessment data.
- Publish healthcare-focused research in a combination of academic, practitioner, and pedagogical journals, at a level that meets AACSB criteria for Scholarly Academic status.
- Mentor students in our healthcare management program and engage in activities that position this program to meet the emerging needs of our students, industry partners and other stakeholders.
- Support the SBA mission through teaching, research and service.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities.
- Engage with alumni to enable lifelong learning and career success.
- Engage with industry partners to develop networking, research, learning and career opportunities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSÂ (education/training and experience required):
- Ph.D. in Healthcare Management, Health Informatics, Population Health, Health Economics, or closely related fields, from an accredited institution. ABD candidates with a planned completion date by December 2023 will be considered.
- Demonstrated potential to pursue a productive research agenda in the field of healthcare management.
- Commitment to teaching excellence, curricular innovation, and student success.
- Commitment to service activities that have a positive impact on our institution and our community.
- We are positioning our healthcare management program to meet the growing informatics and digital transformation needs of the health industry. Special consideration will be given to candidates with teaching and/or professional experience in the area of data analytics and/or digital transformation.
- Our programs add value by being application-oriented and competency-driven. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have work experience in the healthcare industry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS
- The typical teaching load is three courses per semester, which may be in face-to-face, online or hybrid delivery formats.
- Graduate classes are in the evening.
- May have to participate in some evening and/or weekend recruitment and networking activities.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener University is committed to fostering an inclusive community in which faculty, staff, and students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or status as a protected veteran.
Widener University requires all prospective employees to provide proof of being fully vaccinated (including booster) against COVID-19 prior to employment or apply and be approved for a medical/religious exemption. Offers may be rescinded if new employee does not provide proof of being fully vaccinated in a timely manner.
Some positions may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement that may include a partially or fully remote work location, consistent with Widenerâ€™s Flexible Work policy.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*