Instructor or Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Lees-McRae is a small, four-year, liberal arts college, serving Appalachia and the Southeastern United States. The college is located in the town of Banner Elk in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains of northwestern North Carolina. Banner Elk is nestled between two popular ski areas and is within a short drive of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail. The area is popular to outdoor enthusiasts: skiing, cycling, hiking, climbing and fly fishing are among the many attractions. The college also owns and maintains the Elk Valley Preserve and Field Station and the May Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. Please visit our website at www.lmc.edu.
The School of Business and Management invites applications for the position of Instructor or Assistant Professor of Business Administration. The College is seeking individuals with innovative and entrepreneurial experiences in teaching and program development. The successful candidates will have expertise in both traditional face-to-face teaching as well as with online teaching with expertise in one or more of the following business sub-disciplines: Data Analytics, Operations Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing (digital, as a plus), Accounting (forensic as a plus).
- The successful candidate will be required to teach 12 credit hours per semester in their discipline. They will provide evidence of innovative teaching and curriculum development. Teaching responsibilities include but are not limited to classroom management, student assessment, and assessment of student learning.
- Maintain professional standards of practice in teaching in the classroom.
- Meet Lees-McRae standards for course syllabi creation and submission, classroom management, use of technology, grade submission, and records management.
- Support student success through mentoring, tutoring, and advising.
Scholarship and Professional Development
- Maintain currency in education and application through continuing education activities and professional development.
- Promote and support undergraduate research opportunities.
- Serve on committees of the college, school, and Faculty Senate.
- Attend and participate in scheduled faculty/administrative meetings.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Business and Management.
The successful candidates will have the capacity for and proven experience to:
- Serve as the Program Coordinator business administration degree completion program (main campus; online) while creating new, innovative, niche programs.
- Provide short- and long-range course and program planning.
- Assist in mentoring/preparing students to reach their career goals.
- Collaborate with, train, and mentor adjunct instructors.
- Provide leadership and collaboration with the faculty and staff to achieve the vision, mission, goals, and objectives for the Business Administration programs, the School of Business and Management, and Lees-McRae College.
- Participate on key committees at the program, school, and college levels.
- Work with college officials and community partners to ensure delivery of high-quality programming.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, experiential learning, and community engagement.
- Demonstrates experience and leadership of both seated and online programs.
- Plans, prepares, and executes focused instruction, assessment, and course creation.
- Maintains personal professional development by remaining current with the body of knowledge in business administration and evidenced based practices.
- Exhibits ability to maintain required programming data and assessment reports.
- Demonstrates student centered and experiential teaching.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Teamwork Orientation.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of a masterâ€™s degree in Business Administration or similar discipline and earned from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- At least 2 years of successful teaching in a university setting.
- Some professional, non-higher education experience.
- Experience with teaching in and/or leading distance education programs in higher education
- The successful candidate will hold 18+ credit hours one or more of the following specializations:
- Operations Management/ Supply Chain
- Data Analytics
- Accounting (forensic, a plus)
- Marketing (digital, a plus)
Preferred Education and Experience
- An earned doctorate degree (e.g., PhD, DBA) earned at an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Significant professional, non-higher education experience.
- Significant experience in teaching in and leading innovative distance education programs in higher education.
The successful candidate for these positions will serve as program coordinators and supervise adjunct faculty (one for main campus; one for online program).
Normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, and the like.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please contact Tammy Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Lees-McRae College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer committed to excellence through diversity.
For information about employment opportunities at Lees-McRae College, email Director of Human Resources and Benefits Administration Mary Furst at email@example.com.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*