Graduate Student Intern
The Office of Budget and Planning (OBP) provides high-quality and comprehensive support for effective allocation of campus resources including analyses of key factors impacting student success and the student experience at the university. As an OBP intern, you will work to pull together data resources related to student success, analyze these data and produce engaging reports for different campus constituencies on areas of interest such as the experience of first-generation students, campus climate for diversity, student mental health and wellbeing, academic engagement and satisfaction, and identification of areas for improvement.
By joining OBP, the intern will gain institutional knowledge by working with U-M data and other campus resources to produce informative reports for different campus stakeholders on a variety of current and emerging areas of interest. The intern will also learn more about survey methodology and related research practices, and will come away with a better understanding of how institutional research helps support the Universityâ€™s mission, decision making and daily operations.
Experience and skills:
- Pursuing a graduate degree in a field that requires strong writing, communication, and problem solving.
- Strong interest in higher education challenges and creating connections for various campus stakeholders working on these challenges.
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into accessible reports and/or presentations.
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Full-time (40 hours/week in Summer) or Part-time (20 hours/week in Fall, Winter terms)
- Specific weekly schedule of work days is flexible as agreed upon by supervisor and intern
- Start date - Flexible, after January 2
- End date â€“ Flexible, after May 1
- Possibility of renewal if of interest to both supervisor and intern
Hourly Salary:Â $20.00 per hour
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
Job Opening ID
Graduate Student Intern
RESEARCH ASST I (TEMP)
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
Acad & Bdgt Affairs
Office of Budget & Planning
Posting Begin/End Date
11/23/2022 - 12/20/2022
$17.00 - $20.00
Temporary Job Opening
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*