Pompâ€™s Tire Service has been providing tires and service to satisfied customers since 1939. Due to recent growth, we have added a Tax Internship position. The Tax Intern will be responsible of managing the projects of the tax department including new vendors, acquisitions, billing audits, and planning business continuity.
This position will emphasize development of tax and accounting skills through hands on learning. The tax intern will contribute to the income tax, sales/use tax, tire and other indirect transactional taxes, and property tax processes for Pompâ€™s Tire Service. The primary focus of the position will be on sales and use tax compliance and due date monitoring.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of sales, use, and tire user fee returns.
- Assist with the preparation of account reconciliations for specified tax accounts.
- Gather data and assist with the filing of personal property tax returns.
- Review and respond to notices from taxing jurisdictions, as assigned.
- Assist with the collection of data for financial statement, income tax, sales/use tax, and property tax audits.
- Conduct tax research, as assigned.
- Summarize sales/use tax rate updates by date and jurisdiction.
- Assist with business license compliance process including gathering information and monitoring due dates.
- Assist with the annual report process.
- Assist with the 1099 reporting process.
- Assist with the unclaimed property process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Analytical/critical thinking skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excel skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Oral and written communication skills
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*