132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adjunct Instructor - Introduction to Computers
Job Description:Â This position will teach the Introduction to Computers course. Adjunct faculty instructors are professionals with the responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for Southeast Arkansas College students on a semester basis. Adjunct faculty members report to the department chair. They perform instruction related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the College. The relationship of the adjunct faculty member to the student is one of teacher and facilitator of learning.
- Contributes to the overall achievement of the collegeâ€™s mission and goals through effective instruction and classroom management.
- Plans and prepares for assigned courses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Creates and maintains an instructional environment that is conducive to learning, based on mutual respect, and establishes good rapport between the instructor and students.
- Clearly establishes expectations for learning and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Maintains up-to-date accurate records on attendance and student progress, including on the online gradebook in the College's LMS.
- Refer students to college resources and services as appropriate.
- Engages in the college community for intra professional networking and professional development.
- Stays current with new developments in the field of expertise and uses recent evidence to inform instructional practice.
- Clearly communicates learning expecatations.
- Varies teaching techniques and incorporates current technology.
- Structures classroom activities and assignments based on learning outcomes.
- Engages in self-assessment of teaching practices and professional development needs.
- Instructors must keep all classes and office hours at the required amount of time set forth by the College and maintain good classroom management.
- Must have the ability to set up lab equipment for each class.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary:Â Commensurate with candidate experience and qualifications. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related discipline is required to teach non-transferable courses.
- Masterâ€™s degree with 18 graduate hours in subject area.
- Candidates must have capability and flexibility to teach in the evening and/or online classes with labs that meet in person during the day.
- A shared vision for preparing students for their professional programs and an ability and willingness to use novel teaching techniques and technology to engage todayâ€™s learner is essential.
- Candidates for this position must possess a thorough knowledge of the teaching field, a commitment to high academic standards, a dedication to student success, and excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, upon approval of the Qualifications Review Committee.
- Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the subject area.
- In addition to the above:
- Law enforcement and or corrections experience
- Master's degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Sciences or Criminology with an emphasis on Criminological Theory and Criminal Behavior
- Experience teaching courses such as Criminal Behavior, Criminal Typologies, and Criminology Research
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level, preferably at a community college
- Documented work experience 3-5 years in related field within the past ten years
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
- Strong attention to detail
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
Application Deadline:Â Interviews to begin immediately.
Required Applicant Documents:
- SEARK Employment Application
- Unofficial College Transcripts (Please note:Â Official Transcripts are required before final appointment.)
- Cover Letter
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*