132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Major Gifts Officer
Major Gifts Officer
Full Job Description
What You Will Do:
Major Gifts Officer
Health care you can BELIEVE in.
We believe in health care that makes a difference. At the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, a 218-bed, Catholic acute care hospital located on a 37-acre suburban campus in Towson, we believe in putting our hearts into everything we do, which helped us earn the US News & World Report ranking as the #1 community hospital in Maryland.
We're looking for a Major Gifts Officer to join our extraordinary team.
When you join our team, you’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages growth opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority. At UM St. Joseph, you can fit your job around your life. You’ll find a tremendous variety of departments and units to choose from, and great managers and physicians to work with. Our team members, nurses and allied health professionals enjoy all of the advantages of working in a smaller, close-knit community hospital, located just north of Baltimore City.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects for all fundraising priorities of the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (UM SJMC). Using data driven analysis and relationship development tools, the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for securing major gifts, actively managing a portfolio of 100-125 prospects and deepening donor relationships on behalf of UM SJMC. The Major Gifts Officer demonstrates a passion and enthusiasm for the mission of UMSJMC while actively collaborating with members of the Foundation team and the medical center staff to advance UM SJMC and the Foundation.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates and solicits donor prospects for major gifts designated to fundraising priorities of the UM SJMC. Secures major gifts consistently and thoroughly exploring all opportunities with qualified prospects and current major gift donors.
- Develops a robust plan to actively manage a portfolio of 100-125 prospects. This plan will include self-directed research, a multi-faceted communication strategy with an emphasis on face to face meetings with prospects and donors, and aspirant gift solicitations.
- In collaboration with Philanthropy Services, provides appropriate stewardship for major gift donors, aligned with the donor continuum of relationship development.
- Prepares comprehensive and sophisticated documents including but not limited to; briefings for the CEO, executive leadership and volunteer leadership; gift opportunity presentations, gift agreements, memorandums of understanding, statements of intent and planned gift instruments.
- Updates donor records in a timely matter with relevant data including contact reports, address updates, employment information and other similar types of pertinent information.
- Actively contributes and participates in Foundation recurring initiatives including the Grateful Patient Program, the TAVR Observation Program, and the Corporate Conversations program.
- Develops and implements strategic outreach to donors and donor prospects encouraging their attendance and participation in UM SJMC Foundation events.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Development, supports and provides staffing for Foundation Board and Campaign volunteers and their committees.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Development, assists with and attends special events (e.g., golf tournaments, dinner meetings, seminars), as directed and needed.
- Seeks improvement in the creation and use of standards of work, value delivery systems, and lean management.
- Works collaboratively with other gift officers and members of the Foundation team, providing feedback and support for all Foundation colleagues.
As a member of our team, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
- Free Parking
- Free Health & Wellness resources to reach your goals including anon-site fitness center, on-site, yoga, indoor and outdoor walking paths, body composition analysis and monthly fitness challenges; recently recognized by Healthiest Maryland Businesses as silver level Wellness at Work award.
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years’ experience in front line, nonevent-based nonprofit fundraising, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Experience in securing major gifts designated to organization priorities.
- Experience in donor moves management, portfolio development and donor stewardship.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deftly adjusting priorities to provide a seamless transition of work outcomes.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT, RE7, Blackbaud Analytics, ResearchPoint, iWave, Foundation Directory Online and/or other donor management tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in major gift fundraising with an awareness of current trends in fundraising.
- Established track record of success in managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- A curious and inquisitive approach to fundraising, always seeking to identify donor motivations and passions that pair with organizational priorities.
- Possesses a consistent and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follows tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to receive and use confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative in diverse decision making situations.
- Proficient in Windows-based software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent and demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*