This job has Expired
Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Science of Science and Innovation
Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern) is seeking exceptional candidates for post-doctoral fellow positions. Candidates will be housed in the Center for Science of Science and Innovation, directed by Prof. Dashun Wang. We have a broadly defined research agenda, exploring diverse topics related to Science of Science, Innovation, AI, Computational Social Science, and Network Science. The initial term of these positions is one year with the possibility for renewal upon performance review. The application deadline is December 10th, 2022, with the target start date around the summer of 2023.
Our priority is to attract technically strong researchers who are interested in asking bold, new questions with data. Candidates must have a proven record of publications and need to have completed projects that demonstrate a proven ability to work with data.
- Ph.D. in fields including computational social science, complex systems, economics, physics, computer science, network science, economics, applied mathematics, or other related fields
- Prior experience of programming and working with large-scale data
- Participation and activity in the scientific community
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
Applications should include:
- cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position;
- curriculum vitae (including publications list);
- 2 published papers, or equivalent writing samples that best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position;
- one research statement (2-4 pages) that outlines both your research achievements and agenda and your service and outreach activities;
- the names and contact information of three letter writers;
- a link to a professional webpage and Google Scholar page (if applicable).
The compensation package includes a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Applications should be submitted on-line: Apply for Job
Candidates are encouraged to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*