132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Financial Aid Office Associate
Financial Aid Office Associate
Department:Â Financial Aid
Reports To: Financial Aid Administrator
Job Classification:Â Non-Exempt, At-Will
Location:Â Ellsworth Community College, Iowa Falls, IA
Rate of Pay:Â $10-$13 per hour
Schedule:Â Less than 19 hours per week
Summary:Â This position works with prospective students, returning students, and parents to provide financial aid assistance to successfully navigate through the financial aid process. Additionally, this position will be involved with the day-to-day maintenance of student files, coordinating student work study expenditures, assisting in the direct loan process and maintains all student files for financial aid recipients.
- Assists in maintaining complete and accurate student financial aid records, entering recipient data in the computer systems, maintaining proper documentation in an organized filing system, and verifying completeness of individual files.
- Provides assistance to students regarding the FSA ID, Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs), student loan entrance and exit counseling.
- Maintains an accurate log of earnings and remaining federal work study eligibility.
- Assists with the Direct Loan process: maintaining and tracking completed applications along with entrance counseling forms, verifying enrollment status, and notifying student/parent of the disbursement by email. Maintain accurate loan records for file and student loan history folder to be given at exit counseling.
- Prints and sends financial aid related letters in a timely manner.
- Assist in the Federal Student Aid verification and unusual enrollment history processes.
Education and Experience:Â High School Diploma or Equivalency (HSED) required, Associates degree preferred.
- Requires independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and use critical thinking skills.
- May work in an environment of shifting priorities, frequent interruptions, hectic pace, and interaction with students, staff and/or the public.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs which may include Word, Excel, institutional mainframe computer system software, or similar programs.
- Excellent written communication skills including proficiency in business English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to handle moderately to high confidential matters and materials with discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a collaborative team player in completing assigned tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone and in-person reception etiquette.
- Proficiency with office machines including printers, copiers, fax, etc.
It is IVCCDâ€™s policy to provide equal opportunities in its employment practices and policies for all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and veteran status. Retaliation against any individual for reporting discrimination or assisting in providing information relevant to a report of discrimination is strictly prohibited by IVCCD and constitutes a violation of this policy.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*