Biocatalysis Postdoctoral Researcher
Corteva's Bioprocess Science and Technology team (BPS&T) is seeking aÂ Postdoctoral Research ScientistÂ in the field of biocatalysis. The role will involve production and screening of wildtype and improved enzymes for use in conducting process chemistry on discovery and development phase pipeline molecules. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow and shape Corteva's nascent enzyme engineering capabilities. A core portion of the role will entail designing, conducting and analyzing experiments in a lab setting. The role will work closely with researchers spanning computational biology, chemistry, protein expression and isolation, and process development. Considering the nature of biocatalysis involving integration of chemistry, biology and engineering skill sets, the successful candidate will have multidisciplinary interest and experience. The role may allow for external publication and presentation opportunities.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us and it matters to you!
- Collaboration with computational scientists to design and test improved enzymes
- DNA work including ordering, assembling, isolating and amplifying
- Transformation of genes into bacterial strains such as E. coli
- Growing shake flask cultures and expressing enzymes
- Collaborate with scientists to recover and isolate proteins
- Screen enzymes against small molecules of interest to Corteva
- Coordinate experiments across research teams and document results in lab notebooks, reports and stakeholder presentations
- Interact with third parties including contract research organizations and universities
- Contribute to Corteva's sustainable chemistry goals
- Identify opportunities to improve the safe operation of the lab and maintain a strong commitment to safety, including the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- Engage with the growing technical team and leadership to build Corteva's capabilities in biocatalysis research and development.
What expertise have you grown?
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Enzymology, or a related field
- Broad knowledge base to engage with subject matter experts spanning bioinformatics, strain construction, protein expression and purification, reaction optimization and scale up
- Familiarity with enzyme improvement through rational design and screening workflows
- A propensity for learning and continuous improvement Desired Attributes:
- Strong communication skills to lead experiments across lab groups and present results to internal stakeholders
- Skills to troubleshoot technical challenges in biological and chemical processes
- Experience with enzyme expression and purification
- Work well with an interdisciplinary team of biologists, chemists and engineers.
Check out life at Corteva! https://www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*