This job has Expired
Director of Financial Services
Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC) seeks to fill the position of Director of Financial Services. The Director of Financial Services is located in the Student Affairs/VCASA Division. This is a full-time position. This position will be opened until it's filled.
Interim Assistant Vice Chancellor of Student Development
Anticipated starting salary will be commensurate with education and work experience. For more information about Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC), visit http://www.mybrcc.edu/.
Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts (copies accepted but official transcripts will be required within 30 days of employment) and the names and contact information of three work-related references to: https://www.mybrcc.edu/about_brcc/human_resources/employment_opportunities.php
***Incomplete applications will not be considered***
Lisa Parker, Manager, Talent Acquisition
Office of Human Resources
Baton Rouge Community College
201 Community College Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
A criminal background check will be required of all selected applicants. An offer of employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment background check.
This organization participates in the E-Verify program. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
BRCC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire BRCC family. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students, and our institution.
- Bachelor's degree in Higher Education Student Services, Education, Business, or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in Financial aid and/or accounting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Excellent analytical skills to allow for accurate reporting and analysis of data on financial aid leveraging and institutional methodology awarding
- Ability to generate and interpret ad hoc data reports for use by internal and external groups related to financial services, financial aid programs, discount rates, etc.
- Working knowledge of enrollment management best practices
- Ability to interpret and implement federal, state and institutional awarding rules
- Familiarity with financial aid compliance regulations
- Ability to coordinate with other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
- Highly organized and able to direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong professional integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to use good judgment and think critically
- Proficient in general office software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite and financial aid proprietary applications
- Master's degree in Higher Education Student Services, Education, Business, or a related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in financial aid and/or accounting.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge and skill in the use of BANNER
- Experience with direct marketing and lead generation
The Director of Financial Services is responsible for ensuring the College meets and maintains its compliance objectives relative to necessary and proper administration of all federal, state and local student financial assistance including scholarships, veteran’s education benefits and military tuition assistance. The Director will also provide strategic oversight and expert-level guidance related to compliance with federal student financial aid regulations, all within a dynamic and changing environment. The Director is responsible for the planning, organizing and supervising of all Student Financial Services (SFS) functions. This position administers federal, state and institutional financial aid funds and services; oversees standard financial aid duties such as needs analysis, verification, loan processing and satisfactory academic progress monitoring; and assures adherence to all compliance regulations. The director also oversees student accounts and the office of the Bursar.
35% Leadership and Compliance
- Develops and executes departmental vision that addresses all student financial concerns.
- Implements new policies and procedures related to external and internal regulations and rule changes, ensuring staff are trained accordingly.
- Ensures the college is in compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
- Engages in all college audits.
30% Financial Aid and Student Accounts
- Sets up and maintains the student information system in order to automate and streamline SFS processes and communications
- Prepares and assesses various reports for campus use and external reporting, and prepares data for posting on website as required
- Manages federal campus-based aid programs
- Reviews and updates the Electronic Application for Approval to Participate in Federal Student Financial Aid Programs (E-APP) and Eligibility and Certification Approval Report (ECAR) as necessary for institutional participation in Title IV funds
- Monitors student accounts receivables to ensure timely collection from current students
- Ensures timely and accurate aid awarding, disbursement and reconciliation, as well as campus endowment awarding
30% Communication and Management
- Models, supports and holds others accountable to the university’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity and teamwork
- Monitors the financial aid web page for changes and/or updates
- Works with members of the university community on items of compliance, Title IV regulations
- Coordinates student communications with Enrollment Management, the Business Office and other student services offices
- Models and ensures excellent customer service
- Recruits, interviews, hires, welcomes, observes and monitors performance of new employees
- Sets clear performance expectations and holds employees accountable
- Conducts thorough and timely performance evaluations based on evidence, observation and feedback
- Provides autonomy and resources to support and enable staff to meet job expectations
5% Other duties as assigned
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*