This job has Expired
Sr. Accounting Clerk (Reg FT)
Department:Â Business Office
Campus: North Campus
Clerical Testing:Â As an applicant, please anticipate taking job specific tests that may be administered if selected for testing.
Benefits:Â CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):Â REPOSTED. Monday - Thursday; 11:00 am -7:00 pm. Friday; 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Some Saturdays and other shifts required to meet the needs of the college. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade:Â SEIU E - $18.38
Job Category:Â Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type:Â Regular Full-Time
Job Slot:Â 0677
Job Open Date:Â 10/7/2022
Job Close Date:Â 12/6/2022
General Summary:Â Performs advanced clerical and accounting support functions which include verifying, and documenting the school financial and payroll transactions. Exhibits proficiency in technical area as assigned.
Education and Experience:Â An Associate's degree in accounting and one year of related experience or any equivalent combination of training, experience and education.
Skill/Abilities Requirements:Â Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, spreadsheet and word processing required. Ability to accurately check manual calculations. Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable:Â Must be able to sit without a break for up to two hours.
1. Provides quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
2. Performs complex and advanced analytical, clerical and accounting duties, which includes but is not limited to sensitive, confidential, school financial transactions specific to the department.
3. Prepares forms, reports, records, and correspondence; receives and responds to related mail, phone calls and other inquiries; maintains contacts and reconciles discrepancies with external parties.
4. Assists with reconciling accounts; posts, balances and codes data; prepares related records, logs and reports.
5. Assists with reconciling accounts; posts, balances and codes data; processes transactions; prepares related records, logs and reports.
6. Communicates with internal and external constituencies regarding various matters.
7. Develops spreadsheets and databases to store and analyze data.
8. Under direct supervision, performs general clerical accounting duties in one of the following areas:
Accounts Payable:Â Prepares invoices for payment, verifies codes, prices, approvals, and quantities on each invoice. Processes void transactions and reissues checks through use of college software.
Payroll:Â Processes payroll forms both paper and electronically in order to properly execute payroll procedures.
Bursar/Student Accounts:Â Processes cash receipt and student account transactions; analyzes student accounts; researches and respond to related inquires and complaints; prepares paperwork for collections and reimbursements; and prepares and processes third-party billings. Performs duties related to issuing student refunds. This includes account analysis, financial aid refunds, and general refunds.
Workforce Development:Â Processes drops, adds, and transfers based on CCAC policies and procedures. Researches and resolves registration issues related to non-credit class. This includes processing duplicate IDs, name changes, sponsorships, financial related issues, and other various issues as they arise.
9. Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements, board policies and administrative regulations and directives.
10. Performs other clerical duties for specific/unique needs of the department.
11. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances:Â Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination:Â Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to:Â https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1176
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*