Educational Services Generalist (Fontana Campus)
Educational Services Generalist (Fontana Campus)
Full Job Description
Salary:Â $4,331.00 Monthly
Job Type:Â Classified Contract
Job Number:Â 22-23/00040
Location:Â Fontana, CA
Department:Â Fontana Center
Closing:Â 12/12/2022 11:59 PM Pacific
Under supervision, the Educational Services Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of assigned areas. This position provides assistance to students and faculty in the areas of admissions, registration, cashiering, financial aid, records maintenance, and classroom assistance and works with other support staff as needs arise (technical services, maintenance, etc.).
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Provide timely student-centered service for areas assigned such as admissions, financial aid and general college information; as well as in the collection, accounting, registration, billing, and refunding of the student fees.
Process, maintain, audit, correct, and distribute a variety of data, reports, and forms.
Verify the accuracy and completeness of forms, deposits and refunds before submitting to the cashier's office.
- Display at all times a positive customer service relations demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop, prepare, audit and maintain accurate and complete records, reports, and files.
- Work independently, establish and maintain appropriate project deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
- Operate a computer terminal and word processor.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, establish cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties; ability to advise students regarding policies and procedures.
- Cashiering and basic accounting principles.
- Various software packages including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Generally accepted office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- State and Federal regulations related to assigned area.
- Extensive experience using various software programs including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data base management, and the capability to navigate the Internet for research purposes.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as identified above.
- One year of experience performing responsible college-level administrative duties, or the equivalent.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of experience in an educational environment OR possession of an Associate degree in business administration, public administration or a related field.
- Familiarity with Datatel's Colleague Administrative database or similar fourth-generation software.
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred.
Working hours:Â Monday and Thursday, 10:00am - 7:00pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm. Schedule subject to change to meet District needs. Must be able to work varied schedules as assigned.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey . The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using your education to meet the qualifications) (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts . ) CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT This is a full-time, 12-month, classified bargaining unit position. Starting date: as soon as possible. Range 15 of the CSEA Salary Schedule, with a starting salary of Step A, $4,331. Excellent benefit package.
Being able and ready to work in-person with Chaffey students, Chaffey employees, or other members of the Chaffey community/Chaffey partners/Chaffey contractors is an essential function of this job.
REQUIRED TESTING INFORMATION Applicants must achieve qualifying scores on tests to be administered by the District. Testing will consist of one part: Math. All applicants will be notified via email of the testing day and time or to utilize the online self-scheduling feature. There is additional information regarding testing on the Human Resources main page, " Testing Information " link. Previous passing test scores within one year will be applied and you will not need to retest.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/chaffey/jobs/3809548/educational-services-generalist-fontana-campus
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*