VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MARKETING
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
The School of Business at Texas Southern University is accepting applications for a vibrant Visiting Assistant Professor of Marketing, who is competent in instructing students and also with potential for research. The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (Ph.D. or DBA) in Marketing from a regionally accredited university. ABDâ€™s will be considered. This is a 9- month position with teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The contract is renewable yearly.
Essential Duties Summary
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Marketing.
- Conduct research and submit for academic conferences and journals.
- Active participation in departmental, school and university committees. Service to oneâ€™s profession and the surrounding community
- Advise and mentor students.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience.
Ph.D. or DBA in Marketing from a regionally accredited university at time of hire. A focus on Digital Marketing is preferred. ABDs will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Current software and applications in Marketing and Digital Marketing.
- Effective customer service.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Work with a diverse student population.
- Maintain involvement in appropriate professional organizations.
Active research agenda preferably with at least one referred journal publication at time of hire.
- Prolonged standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*