Manager Central Sterile Supply Department & Linen
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Purchasing/Materials Management
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Effective and efficient operation of the department for cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of reusable medical and surgical instruments/equipment.
- Directs, supervises, orients, trains, and evaluates staff and addresses patient, physician and customer concerns.
- Develop, recommend and implement policies and procedures to comply with regulatory and recommended standards.
- Enforces policies, procedures and standards of operation working directly with Infection Control, Risk Management and Employee Health Services
- Provides educational opportunities, retraining and in-services for CSSD staff.
- Prepare and monitor fiscal year departmental budgets for non-salary expenses, salary and wage expenses and capital equipment.
- Establish and monitor departmental productivity standards in accordance with accepted industry measurements.
- Manages the CSSD inventory system, coordinates the annual inventory audit, and makes recommendations and improvements for inventory stock as demands change.
- Focus on industry best practice and implementation of approved changes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
- A minimum of 5-10 years current experience in sterile processing and linen services with 5 years experience of progressive management and leadership of a central services/sterile processing and Linen services.
- Bachelor's degree in business preferred.
- Requires certification as a Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician (CRCST) by the International Association for Central Sterile Healthcare Material Management (IAHCSMM).
- Thorough knowledge of decontamination and sterilization techniques and procedures, infection control and work flow principals and requirements, and equipment and supply inventory protocols.
- Working knowledge of The Joint Commission, AAMI, and other federal, state and local requirements.
- Advanced English written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent internal and external organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task, delegate appropriately and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide direction and development to employees by coaching, identifying training needs, assigning progressively challenging projects, and assisting in career development planning.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems in a systematic, logical and timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to change in daily routine.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including budgetary, inventory, and production support software.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*