2023 PhD Graduate - Senior Engineer-Analyst for ISR Scientific Applications - KAU
Are you interested in researching, developing, and analyzing innovative ways to produce impactful information from many different types of sensors and sources of data?
Would you like to advance your ideas from concept to prototype to field testing on US military ships, aircraft, satellites, and ground systems?
Would you take pride in developing advanced capabilities that will be used by US military personnel to achieve their missions in Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting?
If so, and if you are graduating with a Doctorate degree in a technical field, we'd love to have you join our team at APL!
We are seeking creative engineers, scientists, mathematicians, and programmers to help us conceptualize, develop, test, assess, and field the next generation of ISRT and Counter-ISRT capabilities for the US military. Our team applies diverse disciplines such as sensor and data fusion, signal and image processing, operations research, applied physics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to build systems that automatically or autonomously orchestrate sensors, process data into information, and make intelligent inferences and predictions about complex threats and environments. Our work enables the US military to neutralize a wider variety of serious threats from safer distances than they could otherwise accomplish; improves the safety, survivability, and effectiveness of US air, naval, and ground forces; and disrupts the ability of potential adversaries to threaten our forces.
As a Senior Engineer/Analyst for ISRT Scientific Applications,
- Your primary responsibility will be to lead and contribute to teams developing algorithms, mathematical-physical models, software prototypes, and deployable software applications for ISRT applications.
- You will lead and contribute to teams developing new signal processing, image processing, multi-sensor data fusion, and multi-sensor resource optimization techniques.
- You will lead and contribute to teams developing new modeling, simulation, and analytical methods and tools.
- You will lead and contribute to teams developing and analyzing new ISRT concepts and architectures.
- You will lead and contribute to field tests and experiments, including planning, execution, and data analysis.
- You will document and present your and the team’s results to project leads, sponsors, and technical workshops and conferences.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Doctorate degree in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, physics, or other related field.
- Have skills and experience developing scientific and engineering applications in programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, C++, and Java and in Linux environments.
- Have strong inter-personal and written communications skills.
- Have the ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Have the ability to multi-task, support multiple, concurrent projects, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Are willing and able to work a portion of the time in secure, closed areas and travel occasionally to government sites and contractor facilities (local and non-local).
- Are able to obtain a Top Secret /SCI level security clearance. If selected you may start with your clearance processing and will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have had a Postdoc work experience, or significant internship experience, in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience implementing complex mathematical techniques (such as neural networks and other machine learning approaches) in software applications.
- Have skills and experience developing software from conceptualization to fully functional applications.
- Have skills and experience with signal and image processing, data fusion, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, pattern recognition, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Have domain knowledge in ISR processes, systems, platforms, and sensors used by the US military and intelligence community.
- Hold an active Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI-level security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*