Educational Services Generalist (Fontana Campus)
Educational Services Generalist (Fontana Campus)
Under supervision, the Educational Services Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of assigned areas.Â This position provides assistance to students and faculty in the areas of admissions, registration, cashiering, financial aid, records maintenance, and classroom assistance and works with other support staff as needs arise (technical services, maintenance, etc.).
- Provide timely student-centered service for areas assigned such as admissions, financial aid and general college information; as well as in the collection, accounting, registration, billing, and refunding of the student fees.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Register students in accordance with federal and state regulations and in compliance with college and departmental procedures.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of relevant federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to assignment such as the Education Code, Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations, and specifically the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
- Provide general and specific information regarding a wide variety of admissions, registration and cashier's office policies and procedures to students, staff, faculty, and the community, as well as information related to credit, non-credit courses, student records, transcripts, and attendance.
- Schedule and oversee appointment systems and access and maintain student records.
- Process, maintain, audit, correct, and distribute a variety of data, reports, and forms.
- Assist in overseeing and maintaining the daily operations and security of assigned areas including student safety and emergency assistance, securing the building, restocking vending machines, processing related cash refunds, and administering student ID cards.
- Collect, balance and reconcile student and district accounts and funds, make deposits, post and maintain deposit logs and records, and oversee the office cash drawer balance.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of forms, deposits and refunds before submitting to the cashier's office.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of student educational records mandated byÂ FERPAÂ regulations.
- Receive, review and audit applications, attendance records, student grades, student refunds and other documents for completeness and adhere to established policies and procedures; research and resolve discrepancies and problems in records.
- Make determinations on add/drop requests and petition requests after assessment of student circumstances and forward documentation to the Admissions and Records office when appropriate.
- Establish and electronically maintain files of a variety of data related to assigned activity; ensure availability of records for proper time periods, and prepare documents for document imaging.
- Train, assign, and coordinate the work for short-term workers and student workers during peak times; maintain office operations during evening or weekend hours.
- Review and determine California residency status in accordance to Title 5 regulations.Â
- May maintain a petty cash fund and collect and post large volumes of cash during heavy registration activity following strict guidelines for daily balancing procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Display at all times a positive customer service relations demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop, prepare, audit and maintain accurate and complete records, reports, and files.
- Work independently, establish and maintain appropriate project deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
- Operate a computer terminal and word processor.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, establish cooperative working relationships with staff, administrators, faculty, students, and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties; ability to advise students regarding policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of:
- Cashiering and basic accounting principles.
- Various software packages including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Generally accepted office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- State and Federal regulations related to assigned area.
- Extensive experience using various software programs including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data base management, and the capability to navigate the Internet for research purposes.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as identified above.
- One year of experience performing responsible college-level administrative duties, or the equivalent.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- One year of experience in an educational environment OR possession of an Associate degree in business administration, public administration or a related field.
- Familiarity withÂ Datatel'sÂ Colleague Administrative database or similar fourth-generation software.
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred.
Working hours: Monday and Thursday, 10:00am â€“ 7:00pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:30am â€“ 4:30pm. Â Schedule subject to change to meet District needs. Â Must be able to work varied schedules as assigned. Â
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Â Our new application can be accessed at Â https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. Â The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the Â qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. Â If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendationÂ or documents that containÂ yourÂ photograph.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcriptsÂ (if you are using your education to meet the qualifications)Â (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.)
Being able and ready to work in-person with Chaffey students, Chaffey employees, or other members of the Chaffey community/Chaffey partners/Chaffey contractors is an essential function of this job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*