This job has Expired
Major Gift Program Review Consultant
Major Gift Program Review Consultant
Full Job Description
Opportunity Title: Major Gift Program Review Consultant, P0015787
Short Description: We are looking for a strategic partner to help us grow contributed income from high and ultra high net worth individuals. This partner will help us build on existing efforts to deepen engagement w/ existing high potential donors, identify, & cultivate new prospects. We’ll need to effectively leverage engagement with members of our board of directors and members of our senior staff. We’ll also need to revise our case for support to make it more compelling and easier to understand.
TechnoServe is seeking proposals from qualified consultants for the following scope of work. For information on timeline, application requirements, and evaluation criteria, please review the full Request for Proposals here. Please submit your proposal for this consultancy to buy+US+P0015787@tns.org by December 2, 2022 .
Background and Objective
TechnoServe has just launched a 10 year strategic plan that aims to double the impact the organization has over the next 10 years. The plan builds on over 50 years of success and impact by providing business solutions to poverty. These are solutions that enable people in low-income communities around the world to earn more money in key sectors like high margin agriculture and entrepreneurship. However, it also entails developing new solutions that address climate change, strengthen local food systems and create good new jobs, especially for youth.
In order to support this growth in impact, the Advancement Office of TechnoServe has launched an ambitious plan to more than double the unrestricted revenue from individuals and family foundation to the organization over the next 4 years (2023-2026). Our goal is to move from unrestricted annual fundraising revenue of $6.5 million to over $15 million per year. Our growth will be built upon a strong program foundation that includes major giving, a mid-major donor program, digital marketing, direct mail and wills and bequests. While we need to drive substantial growth in each of these areas, the key to our success will be in significantly growing our major donor program: we expect major donors to account for at least 55% of fundraising revenue in 2026 (vs. 35% in 2022).
We are looking for a strategic partner to help us grow contributed income from high and ultra high net worth individuals. The successful partner will help us build on existing efforts to deepen engagement with existing high potential donors and identify and cultivate new prospects. As part of that effort, we’ll need to more effectively leverage engagement with members of our board of directors and members of our senior staff. Perhaps most critically, we’ll also need to revise our case for support to make it more compelling and easier to understand.
We are looking for a strategic partner to work with Advancement Team on the following
1. Review existing plans for growing the major donor program and make recommendations to increase likelihood of success. This could include consideration of the potential for a modified capital campaign approach to drive growth.
2. In the context of the new strategic plan, help develop a new, succinct and compelling case for support that clearly articulates the impact a donor’s gift will have.
3. Identify and help package opportunities for “lightly restricted” giving to TechnoServe.
4. Develop a plan for significantly increasing board participation in the fundraising process.Work with management to present and explain this plan to the Board.
5. Identify new donor markets (e.g. environment, youth) and assess potential for TechnoServe to appeal to them. Develop plans and approaches for TechnoServe to enter these markets.
6. Develop a plan for a series of small, high profile cultivation events in key geographic markets to help deepen relationships with individual donors and prospects.
Operation and Logistical Considerations
Point of Contact: While the Chief Advancement Officer will be the primary point of contact for the partner, the Director of Major Gifts and other members of TechnoServe’s major gifts team willalso participate in meetings and reviews. The partner will also interact with the CEO, other senior staff and board members of the organization.
Timelines and budgets: The initial contract period is six months. Once the partner has been retained, we will agree upon specific timelines for each of the tasks above. The partner will be responsible for managing to the milestones agreed upon in the schedule. As the tasks above are completed, TechnoServe and the partner may can enter into a second, implementation phase that includes an assessment of ongoing support that might be required from the partner to execute these plans.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*