132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Director, Student Recruitment and Onboarding
Position TitleDirector, Student Recruitment and Onboarding
Internal Position TitleDirector
DepartmentStudent Recruitment and Onboarding
The Director of Student Recruitment and Onboarding is responsible for the overall successful operation of the student onboarding department, which includes student recruitment, admission, intake, placement, accessing financial aid, orientation, and first semester advising under the Lancer Success Framework. The Director also provides strategic leadership to the outreach and on-campus experience departments, including the Welcome and One Stop Center and Registration Services and the TRIO Educational Talent Search grant. The Director of Student Recruitment and Onboarding ensures a personalized, culturally relevant onboarding experience through a holistic approach to student support during college and career exploration activities, field of interest and college selection, academic readiness and financial literacy activities, and successful transition to first semester of enrollment.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid holidays each year.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in college/university marketing, recruitment, admissions, advising, or registrar’s office with progression of supervisory and leadership responsibilities.
4. Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience.
5. Ability to oversee multi-year recruitment and enrollment plans and the recruitment and onboarding of an inclusive and diverse student body.
6. Demonstrated recent collaborative leadership experience
7. Possess excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
8. Possess strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills and acumen.
9. Demonstrated abilities as an effective and exceptionally skilled communicator, specifically as it relates to verbal, written communication, and active listening.
10. Demonstrated strong personal integrity, ability to form effective partnerships, ability to collaborate with others and work in a team environment consistent with the College of Lake County values.
11. Demonstrated success using inquiry and evidence to inform decision-making, short- and long-term planning.
12. Proven commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion proactively demonstrated through the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, identities and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
2. Minimum of four (4) years’ direct enrollment management experience.
3. Experience with and strong knowledge of TargetX CRM or other higher education CRM.
4. Bi-lingual Spanish
Pay Rate$91,500 to $103,600 commensurate with education and experience
Total Hours per weekMinimum of 40.00 hours per week.
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsPresentation, Writing Samples
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Develops, directs, and manages activities related to recruitment and onboarding services and development and implementation of comprehensive student recruitment and onboarding plans to accomplish enrollment goals and objectives. Develops metrics to evaluate the success of recruitment and onboarding activities and tracks results. Provides updates on results to the Dean, Enrollment Services.
2. Develops and executes both short-term and long-term student recruitment and engagement strategies to ensure the growth of enrollment in the College of Lake County’s programs and services; including active engagement and collaboration with the district high schools, employers, and community partners.
3. Develops, directs, and manages the college and career navigator team in a variety of contexts and with target student pipelines: embedded in district high schools working with students in grades 9-12; based at the college working with returning adults, employees of college workforce partners, reverse transfer students, and those transitioning from other college units (e, adult education, community and workforce partnerships); and based at the college working with home school or high school students at schools without an embedded college and career navigator.
4. Provides leadership and direction to the Assistant Director, Outreach and On-Campus Experience and the Welcome and One Stop, Registration Services, and Outreach and On-Campus Experience departments to ensure alignment of outreach and recruitment objectives and a balanced allocation of resources and planned activities in area high schools to support the college’s recruitment and onboarding strategies.
5. Provides leadership and direction to the Manager, TRiO ETS and the Educational Talent Search (TRiO) department to ensure alignment of objectives and a balanced allocation of resources and planned activities in area high schools to support the college’s recruitment and onboarding strategies.
6. Develops, directs, and manages activities and communications that build awareness of college options and fosters a college-going identity for prospective students and their families. Collaborates with key stakeholders in dual credit, outreach and on-campus experience, the academic divisions and branch campus leadership on initiatives.
7.Builds prospective student connection to CLC as one of the top choices in higher education through targeted communication plans that align with student field of interest and career and educational goals, through the utilization of career exploration tools and one-on-one coaching, and encouraging student participation in CLC tours and events.
8.Create seamless processes to connect students who have selected CLC as their college of choice to an assigned college and career navigator who guides the student through the remaining tasks to prepare for enrollment, including but not limited to placement, accessing financial aid, evaluation of prior transcripts, etc. Provides leadership and direction to college and career navigator staff so that the student experience is consistent across the department.
9. Collaborates with advising & retention and student academic success departments to incorporate orientation activities seamlessly into the student onboarding experience. Provides logistical support in implementing necessary orientation components to students and feedback to the departments to ensure that learning objectives are met.
Strategic Leadership and Project Management 30%
1. Provide values-driven leadership to build and contribute to high-performing teams that provide excellence in customer service through innovative, creative and collaborative practices to all units and campuses within the College, as well as the external community.
5. Oversees the creation and implementation of recruitment and onboarding communication plans to engage with leads generated through the college’s marketing campaigns and other outreach, such as high school students and their parents, returning adults, etc. utilizing asset-based language and just-in time messaging across a variety of modalities (email, text, letter, printed material, etc.).
7. Evaluates and updates policies, processes, and procedures to ensure they are equitable and meet students where they are to ensure a study-ready onboarding experience. Uses data to assess the onboarding experience for students across all functions. Ensures continuous improvement of the onboarding experience by making recommendations for updates to other department areas as appropriate.
Personnel Management 10%
1. Coach, mentor and develop employees across all departments, divisions and units of the College in collaboration with leaders throughout the College.
5. Motivates and empowers staff to perform at consistently high service levels. Defines appropriate professional goals and accountability systems for staff. Develops evaluation system to hold staff professionally accountable for recruitment and onboarding activities that are leading indicators for student enrollment.
6. Sets strategies for resource needs including caseload ratios, service operations, and scheduling in order to provide the best services for students during semesters, break periods and peak times.
7. Develop, administer, and monitor departmental budgets; maintain and manage departmental resources.
1. Participate on strategic and/or functional cross-departmental teams, committees and councils at the request of the division or unit leaders.
4. Functions in advisory capacity to the Dean of Enrollment Services through regularly scheduled meetings. Writes reports, evaluates offerings and provides recommendations.
5. Works jointly with Student Development administrative leadership in order to maintain consistency within the division. Specifically work jointly with the Director, Advising & Retention and Director, Student Academic Success to ensure strategic offering of programs and services and seamless student transitions.
6. Maintains communication and coordination with all areas of the College on matters that relate to achieving the recruitment and onboarding objectives under the Lancer Success Framework.
7. Attends workshops, seminars, and/or conferences to maintain on-going knowledge of new developments in holistic recruitment, intake, orientation, and advising services.
8. Represents student recruitment and onboarding on internal and external college committees and actively participate in local, regional and national recruitment, admission, and advising professional organizations.
9. Perform any and all other duties assigned that support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of College of Lake County and goals of the department, division and unit of appointment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*