Part-Time Instructional Designer, e-Learning
Part-Time Instructional Designer, e-Learning
Full Job Description
This part-time virtual position prescribes, designs, and develops learning solutions, implements standardization, and provides troubleshooting support to ensure all personnel are effectively delivering instruction using a Learning Management System and related teaching tools within the department and courses. This position builds and maintains strong relationships across the learning function and with key stake holders. This individual also designs training sessions and produces training materials to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff with the goal of the effective use of college-wide software applications. This position ensures professional and complete courses (new, reviewed, and modified) are offered and strictly adheres to the college's quality standards. The ideal incumbent should have considerable comfort with an LMS system and instructional design beyond end user exposure and master course design experience. This position is a fully virtual/remote position.
Classification: Non-Affiliated Administrator
Staff Duration: Part Time 12 months
1. Provides virtual pedagogical and instructional design consultation and support services to faculty and staff that assist in the effective delivery of instruction, with particular emphasis on use of technology in hybrid, online and f2f technology-enhanced courses.
2. Applies the suitable blend of pedagogy and technology into the curriculum of identified appropriate courses with emphasis on guiding the selection and development of instructional strategies for the online environment recommending appropriate learning tools to achieve the official course objectives based on education research and best practices.
3. Develops and leads faculty workshops based on sound pedagogic principles.
4. Participates in relevant committees and task forces as requested.
5. Acquires an understanding of college curricular priorities such as student learning outcomes assessment, accessibility, and inclusive excellence as they evolve, and applies best design practices in implementing established priorities.
6. Assumes expert consultation role and provides design alternatives, and applies state-of-the-art synchronous and asynchronous distance instructional design models to courses.
7. Ensures quality of deliverables by adhering to best practices, following standards for design, development, tracking projects and meeting established deadlines.
8. Ensures all solutions produced meet branding and style guide standards; identifies any issues, resolves conflicts and continuously focuses on efficiency and innovation.
9. Diagnoses and resolves problems encountered by faculty in using the Learning Management System and related learning tools; also develops documentation and training material to help faculty improve their use of the Learning Management System.
10. Related duties and projects as assigned.
1. Bachelorâ€™s Degree in instructional/curriculum design, instructional technology, educational technology, or related academic discipline.
2. At least four years of related experience, of which one year involved the teaching, adult training and/or staff development using an online instructional platform, two years included professional or student worker experience in the use of an LMS such as Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Pearson Learning Studio, etc. and at least one year involved the creation and preparation of learning management materials and curriculum development using an LMS in a Higher Education environment.
3. Knowledge of current Instructional Design trends and best practices and basic exposure to HTML and CSS.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to develop and deliver training/instructional sessions in clear, concise, understandable terms.
5. Two years of team or project leadership experience that required excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member to successfully complete projects within established time frames.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) requiring the ability to prepare detailed reports and documents.
1. Masterâ€™s Degree in instructional design, learning technologies, instructional systems design, educational media, or related educational discipline.;
2. Four or more yearsâ€™ of experience in higher education that directly involved the creation and preparation of learning management materials using a learning management system such as Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, Pearson Learning Studio, etc.
Ocean County College offers the following benefits to part-time Non-Affiliated Administrators:
Personal Time Off:
OCC offers generous time off every fiscal year. Mid-year appointments will receive a prorated share of allotted time off.
Vacation: Twenty-five (25) Days
Sick: Twelve (12) Days
Holidays: Fourteen (14) College Recognized Holidays
Participation in the New Jersey State Pension System is a requirement of eligible employees. This position is only eligible for the Defined Contribution Plan (DCRP). For more information pension-info-active.shtml
Employee Assistance Program:
OCC offers all employees to take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health support. This is a free and completely confidential service where EAP counselors provide assessment, support, and if needed referrals to additional services.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*