This job has Expired
Endoscopy Technician - Brighton Center for Specialty Care Medical Procedures Unit "Sign-On Bonus!"
Why join the Michigan Medicine Medical Procedures Unit as an Endoscopy Technician?
Our Endoscopy Technicians are highly skilled, and provide excellent service and care to patients and families. You will use advanced technology to support physicians and nurses as part of the endoscopic procedural team. You’ll perform tasks which contribute to quality care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures. You’d be responsible for setting up, troubleshooting, assisting with and pre-cleaning any/all endoscopic accessories and equipment. Patients come to Michigan Medicine when they are searching for high-end specialty care. Our physicians and clinicians take groundbreaking research from bench to bedside. If you want to develop and grow, maximize and expand your career experience as a technician, there is no better place.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO program.
- Exposure to innovative studies and practices.
- State of the Art technology.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together improve our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Sign-On Bonus Available!
- Transcribe patient's medical and surgery history, medication, and allergies in the electronic medical record and assist patients in preparing for procedure as needed.
- Make beds, clean rooms, serve as runner for equipment during procedure and transport patients via wheelchair or stretcher.
- Properly position patients pre- and intra- procedure including airway support via head positioning and oropharyngeal suctioning.
- Select correct procedure endoscope and perform QC check pre-procedure.
- Handle and manage procedure accessory equipment, including control of the handle end of endoscopic biopsy forceps, polyp snares, endoscopic clips, and retrieval nets/graspers.
- Train and become familiar with the set up for numerous technical procedure and related equipment and accessories, including band ligation, liver biopsy, percutaneous gastroscopy tube placement, and other less common procedures. Becoming proficient with these skill sets often takes a full year.
- Troubleshoot problems with the endoscopes and needed support equipment including suction machines, CO2 pumps, and water pumps
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Patient care experience
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- One year Medical Assistant experience
- Medical Assistant experience
- Endoscopy unit experience
- SGNA Gastrointestinal Technical Specialist (GTS)
Hours/week: 40 hours/week
Shift: Day and evening shift; Monday – Saturday, variable shifts with variable start times and shift lengths.
Flexibility in scheduling is required.
Location: Medical Procedures Unit, Brighton Center for Specialty Care MPU, East Ann Arbor MPU, Northville MPU and University Hospital MPU
This is a multi-unit endoscopy technician position, which involves staffing assignments on multiple units. Units for this position include Brighton Center for Specialty Care MPU, East Ann Arbor MPC, Northville Health Center MPU and University Hospital MPU. The home unit will be Brighton Center for Specialty Care MPU. When Brighton Center for Specialty Care MPU doesn’t have staffing needs, this position may be assigned to work at one of the above locations.
The endoscopy technician will be scheduled on units, based on the unit's staffing needs and will be expected to staff on unit as needed.
Physical ability to be on your feet most of the day, with a lot of time spent talking, standing, stretching. Lifting and pushing necessary to move equipment or transfer/move patients.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*