132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
The Center for Theoretical Biological Physics, under the direction of Herbert Levine, is actively recruiting recent quantitative science (physics, chemistry, mathematics, computational biology) Ph.D. graduates for postdoctoral positions beginning January 1, 2023. Levine and the Center focus on the biophysical and biochemical process that govern cancer progression and cancer cell interaction with the immune system. Under this umbrella, we study cell motility (both single cell and collective), cell fate networks in cancer cells and supporting stromal, and the ongoing battle between the tumor and the adaptive immune system. All of these studies are conducted from a theoretical/computational approach, in collaboration with numbers of experimental labs worldwide.
Performs basic or applied research of a limited scope, primarily using existing theories and methods. Individuals should have the ability and desire to innovate when these are insufficient. Assists the supervisor in the interpretation and publication of results and grants. Maintains the laboratory research team and may exercise functional supervision over supporting research staff. Primary responsibility is performing world-class research in line with the institutional mission of the Center for Theoretical Biological Physics.
- Ph.D. required in any quantitative science, such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, bioengineering, systems biology, etc.,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as oral presentation skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collection and analyses.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the subject discipline.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently and professionally with minimal supervision and direction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Assist in initiating, executing, and completing research and experiments.
2) Prepare and write research papers, presentations, grant proposals.
3) Potential additional responsibilities (School / Lab dependent):
- Strong research background and publication of peer-reviewed papers in academic journals.
- Experience teaching and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students in conducting collaborative research.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern Universityâ€™s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*