132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
- Job ID:
- 10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
The Corporate Paralegal is a member of the Office of General Counsel / Legal Department reporting directly to the Department’s Senior Counsel. The Corporate Paralegal assists with general corporate, transactional and governance matters under the supervision of licensed attorneys. Responsibilities include reviewing and drafting contracts and amendments; researching laws and regulations; updating organizational policies; maintaining corporate files and resources; and managing regulatory filings. The Corporate Paralegal regularly interfaces with faculty and staff members, administrative departments (e.g., Supply Chain, Finance, Tax, Philanthropy, Facilities and Real Estate Management), law firms and third parties.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With direct supervision, provides corporate and transactional support as follows, but not limited to:
- Conduct agreement review and draft amendments and addenda to agreements, including vendor and supplier agreements, software licensing agreements, consulting agreements and services agreements
- Assist with annual regulatory filings, including tax exempt entity filings (IRS Form 990 and Forms PC) and charitable registrations
- Assist with corporate governance matters for the Institute and affiliated entities, including drafting of meeting materials and minutes, resolutions, consents, and certificates; preparing and maintaining governance-related documents, policies, and procedures; and monitoring corporate governance trends and best practices
- Research and analyze statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provide written analysis to attorneys
- Draft and update institutional policies
- Create and maintain corporate resource materials
- Provide project management support for various department-led programs and initiatives
- Triage patient care matters and manage patient care matter tracking and resolution
- Attend organizational and governance meetings and draft and review minutes, as needed
- Regularly coordinate with outside counsel on various corporate and transactional matters
- Assist with internal investigations, including personnel interviews and key document management
- Support the Institute’s litigation discovery function, including working with internal stakeholders and outside counsel to review and coordinate document collections
- Manage the Institute’s subpoena intake process
- Maintain and update corporate organizational charts, as needed
- May perform duties related to other special projects, as required
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training and experience, required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience working on corporate legal matters required, preferably in a law firm or an in-house legal department or comparable business environment.
- Experience with SharePoint and document management platforms preferred.
- Experience in nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations engaged in academic, research and patient care operations strongly preferred.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of current legislative and regulatory structures
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure, prioritize and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated ability to draft correspondence and communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, and third parties
- Excellent attention to detail and research abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and other computer applications
- Exceptional organizational skills and adeptness at multitasking / prioritizing tasks
- Strong customer service skills and professionalism
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate support needs of attorneys across a variety of corporate legal matters
- Ability to identify and resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Respect for and willingness to protect confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment
- A certain degree of creativity and flexibility as well as reliance on experience and judgment to solve problems and plan and accomplish goals
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PATIENT CONTACT: Minimal
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*