This job has Expired
Program Coordinator, Outdoor Venues
A Message from the University
Job TitleProgram Coordinator, Outdoor Venues
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Library Lawn Operations
- Meet with event organizers (students, faculty and staff) to coordinate event logistics and determine staffing needs
- Coordinate various student-focused programming on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights during the academic year, when Lawn is not reserved for a specific event
- For all events and operations on Library Lawn, submit work orders and engage in timely communication with Building Services, OIT, General Services, VenueND, etc., to ensure smooth event and end user satisfaction
- Oversee on-site management to ensure that policies and protocols are followed
- Lead a team of student employees in the operation of Library Lawn
- Coordinate reservation process and related communication with campus partners (Campus Safety, Notre Dame Police Department, Notre Dame Fire Department, Landscape Services, etc.) for 500+ University recognized student clubs and organizations and departmental events taking place on University Outdoor Grounds each year
- Assist in the coordination of the Priority Date Reservation program for recognized student clubs and organizations
- Meet with University recognized student clubs and organizations and departments as needed to discuss and ensure necessary support for outdoor event logistics
Manage audio-visual equipment
- Create user friendly instructions for A/V equipment overseen by the Student Activities Office
- Maintain and assign portable PA systems and equipment for outdoor events
- Coordinate A/V needs for Library Lawn events, and liaison with University A/V suppliers as needed
Additional Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide on-site supervision of designated events as Event Manager to oversee use, admission receipts, compliance with policies, hospitality for performer(s) and to assist in problem resolution in any of the Student Activities Office centers and venues
- Contribute as an active member of the Student Activities Office team by serving on departmental committees, supporting the development, implementation, and assessment of various initiatives, and engaging with departmental strategic planning
Participates as integral member of a large, multifaceted Student Development team interacting daily with colleagues in the Gender Relations Center, Multicultural Student Programs and Services, Office of Student Enrichment, Office of Community Standards, RecSports, University Bands, Family Resource Center, and Student Media groups.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree; preferred candidates will have a master’s degree, ideally in college student personnel, counseling, higher education or a related field.
- The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience with event coordination and planning.
- Qualifications include experience supervising and building successful teams of student employees; understanding event operations and management; ability to configure, troubleshoot, and train others in the operation of AV technical equipment; advanced understanding of personal computers (including desktop publishing and Google suite); and strong organizational skills.
- Additional qualifications include exceptional communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group that includes students, staff, faculty and the public.
- This position is physically demanding, involving the setup and moving of equipment and furniture. It requires the ability to climb several flights of stairs and lift approximately 60 – 70 pounds. Other responsibilities may include bending, squatting and climbing ladders up to 12 feet.
The successful candidate will also possess a commitment to fostering Judeo-Christian values, consistent with the mission of a Catholic university founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross.
DepartmentOffice of Dir- Student Activities (15060)
Family / Sub-FamilyStudent Svcs / Student Activities
Career Stream/LevelEIC 1 Associate
Department Hiring Pay RangeUp to $45,000
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)10/27/2022
Job Posting Date (Public)10/27/2022
Job Closing Date12/04/2022
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/28620
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*