132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Patient Access Specialist
- Job ID:
- 300 Boylston St., Newton, MA 02467
- Employment Type:
- Part time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: 4-5 days remote/wk
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Pre-Registers new patients by making/receiving patient calls; Collects and accurately documents patient demographic, financial, and other relevant personal information into the hospital information system.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits using automated eligibility systems, payer websites and or calls the insurance carriers during pre-registration; Works eligibility exception reports to identify invalid insurance for patients and/or escalates patients as needed for Financial Counselor intervention.
- Accurately explains how and why the patients should complete the Healthcare Proxy form; Makes a copy the form for HIM.
- Supports Institute initiates such as patient itinerary, RTLS badging, PCMP consenting, requests for copy of medical record.
- Updates changes to patient insurance and/or demographic information as needed
- Manages referral and authorizations information as assigned through daily work queues and documents activities into the hospital information system; may require contacting physician offices and/or payors for referrals and authorizations via phone calls and/or websites
- Communicates regularly with physicians and other medical providers regarding clinical clarifications for referrals and authorizations, medical necessity requirements, and facilitating conversations with different payers
- Documents daily activities in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner into the hospital information system
- Completes assigned work queues, projects, and other duties as directed
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1-2 years of prior physician office or hospital registration or billing experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage and referral, authorization policies preferred.
- Knowledge of physician or hospital registration or billing systems preferred; GE Centricity systems experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office product suite.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self starter with strong team player and leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet pre-determined deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, and have advanced technical skills, as appropriate.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*